Honored Contributor

Re: Cozy, Mostly Neutral, Sitting Room...

Peaceful.

Esteemed Contributor

I would change the coffee table and I think the pic over the fireplace is too big for  the space, but otherwise I really like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is very cozy, but would prefer light color sheers on the windows.  I'm not a fan of drapes anymore, but don't like a naked window and people being able to look in.

Honored Contributor

I really like the almost toile-like chintz of the generous and comfortable armchairs.  The room is slightly too monotone for me, reminding me of neutral rooms of yore.  Just one element of contrast to the same-toned elements, like maybe lighter curtains, or a chocolate or sage couch, would bring it to the next level, I think.

Love the distressed fireplace.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of the colors in that room---it looks like that awful tan-ish gold color--the light glaring  thru the window  makes it hard to really see the color--it needs a different angle I think. 

Trusted Contributor

The mantle is too rustic and the chair upholstery is bad...at least to me....curtains too dark...but love the ceiling. Take down the curtains and it would brighten up the room a lot. 

Honored Contributor

I would remove the drapes and change the print of the chairs and rug.

I do like the room itself and the fireplace. I also like the decor on the fireplace as is along with the coffee table.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb I love this room.  It screams "home" to me....comfortable, pretty, and cozy.  If I changed anything it might be to add a little more color...not much...just a little depending on how much color that picture and flowers brought into it.... in the real life setting.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the textures and prints help this neutral room but it still comes off as neutral to me. However, my biggest issue is that the living room appears dated.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I love everything about this room and would be very comfortable there.