Honored Contributor

Just reading a couple of threads and "coupon" kept coming up.  I haven't really used coupons in some time.  Are there any ladies or gents here who would tell me besides the newspaper, where you're finding coupons?  We get fliers at the house, but maybe only could use 1-2.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

I think in some cases nowadays 'coupons' are loaded online, whether it's an internet site or an app.  My mother will load ones from Fred Meyers on her account and they will be there at register.  Whether that goes beyond grocery type stores, I'd most likely think so.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just reading a couple of threads and "coupon" kept coming up.  I haven't really used coupons in some time.  Are there any ladies or gents here who would tell me besides the newspaper, where you're finding coupons?  We get fliers at the house, but maybe only could use 1-2.  Thanks.

I agree with the post about internet coupons but there are websites that are just for coupons.   The internet is trolled to find discounts & coupons & sales, etc.    Don't ask me where, I got started on this years ago and it was taking more time than it was worth, plus I don't have a big family, I'm not a big consumer.   

I used to get coupons then only shop on double-coupon days and it got tiresome fast.  I would also find myself with a good coupon, I would carry it around until it expired!  OK so throw that one away, oh here's another.    

Try coupons dot com or search coupon queen and see what you find.    

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I agree with the post about internet coupons but there are websites that are just for coupons.   The internet is trolled to find discounts & coupons & sales, etc.    Don't ask me where, I got started on this years ago and it was taking more time than it was worth, plus I don't have a big family, I'm not a big consumer.   

I used to get coupons then only shop on double-coupon days and it got tiresome fast.  I would also find myself with a good coupon, I would carry it around until it expired!  OK so throw that one away, oh here's another.    

Try coupons dot com or search coupon queen and see what you find.    

I agree .............i used to use quite a bit of coupons...then coupons changed to having to buy mulitiples of the products in order to get the same discount....whereas then i would have to buy lets say two boxes of granola bars in order to get $1.00 off instead of the old coupons which said $1.00 off one box......................never seemed worth having to put out $$ for multiple products to get a coupon off.................

Trusted Contributor

Re: Coupon queens

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal

My two favorites are coupons dot com and couponaholic dot net (sign up & join

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Esteemed Contributor

Stores are using digital coupons from you phone today.  

Honored Contributor

I used to love couponing.  I think the extreme coupon shows killed couponing.  You used to get $1 coupons for 1 item.  My store would double them and many times I would get the item free.  Now the coupons are 25 cents and you have to buy 4.  I look at the coupons Sunday, but rarely cut anything out. 😞

Super Contributor

I recently started to match coupons with the weekly ads and have saved quite a bit of money. Since it's only my husband and myself I'm not going to go crazy buying things   that we won't use .  I did find an app that gives rewards points for scanning receipts. 

Fetch Rewards dot com.  Use code B7KNX for extra points. 

I did find a good deal at Target for shampoo.  My husband must think he still has his long flowing hair from his youth since he uses a bottle of shampoo every 2 weeks!

Respected Contributor

There used to be a lot more coupons in the Sunday papers years ago than now.  Not only less, but many of the coupons are not what I would use/buy anyway.  I just moved to the Southeast last year and the grocery store that I most frequent, Krogers, has a digital app.  It usually has a couple of coupons of items I buy on a regular basis but if I use a Kroger digital coupon, I can't use any other coupon on top of that.  That's when you can really start saving but I think the stores figured out to stop that.  Bummer.  I used to troll the internet for coupons.  I'd spend hours trying to find stuff.  Just ended up being a waste of time so I stopped doing that. 

Honored Contributor

when my kids were young I loved clipping coupons & shopping on double coupon days at our local store.  My boys were "experts" to figuring out sale flyer using our coupons (of course it was a good lesson in math & organization) & of course I only used for things were ate.  We had a small "stockpile" of staples, laundry stuff, cleaning supplies.

As they got older they lost interest & I didn't make dinners much as they both played travel hockey, baseball & soccer.  Not home much!

Back then it was a great savings off the actual bill - who remembers those $1 and store bonus coupons? Now, not worth the time (even though just 2 of us) what's .50 cents off THREE boxes of cereal or 10 cents off a can of soup!

i do digital coupons at Dollar General for my laundry & cleaning supplies.  Last week I saved 9.00! That's a big deal🙂