Honored Contributor

All the work of designer Matthew Monroe Bee, recently featured in an item in Southern Home... As always, there are things I'd change but I enjoy his colorful but traditional style...

shome_image005_RGB_2011656-scaled.jpg

Not quite a highboy but I like the tall chest of drawers and adore the French style chair in blue and white toile. I'd replace the art and can take or leave the ikat covered chair... Personally, I think ikat's fifteen minutes should be about up...

shome_image007_RGB_2011658.jpg

Pretty dining room vignette, though I have no idea what that is on the wall. Whatever it is, it needs to come down...

shome_image004_RGB_2011655.jpg

A breakfast room and while I like most of the elements, the bright yellow would not be my choice...

shome_image008_RGB_2011659.jpg

Some fine traditional pieces in the sitting area...

shome_image003_RGB_2011654.jpg

A bar and book area...

Nshome_image002_RGB_1999x1477_2011653.jpg

The rest of the sitting area... I'd choose different window treatments...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

i like the furniture. don't really care for any of the looks shown.   all of it is a big no in my book.

Trusted Contributor

@kittyloo @stevieb    Too many mixed prints.... makes me dizzy.  

Trusted Contributor

If I was assigned to live in hell for eternity, this is what it would look like for me. Cluttered, fussy, and boring.

If you love it, I guess it's heaven for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Truthfully, I'm not a fan of any of these rooms.  I don't care for the traditional style nor the cluttered look of the decor items.  I don't know what's on the wall either in #2 but it's not nearly as offensive as the wallpaper, IMHO, of course.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Too stiff and formal; not for the "real" world and definitely not my cup of tea.  However I do like that turquoise and coral chair in the first pic.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sorry, not a fan at all-too many prints!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I do like some of the pieces displayed & color combos. Unfortunately, my home has the same problem with editing as I have to many knick knacks  and over crowded rooms  of things& pieces of furniture  I have collected .

Honored Contributor

Some of the pieces are nice but otherwise no.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

Very interesting set of rooms!  I totally agree with all of your comments.  I think it's about time for Ikat to disappear as well.

Those blue and white ginger jars really grab your eye in the first pic. 

I liked the use of the white Oriental Chippendale chairs and notice quite a bit of the furniture throughout is Sheraton.