Respected Contributor

Lysol Laundry Sanitizer On Sale At Costco

Just came home from a trip to Costco & they had the jumbo 150 oz. sized jug of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer in Crisp Linen scent for $3.00 off the normal price of $12.99, so $9.99.  Didn't really need another jug, but couldn't resist such a good price, especially since there was none to be found anywhere for many months.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lysol Laundry Sanitizer On Sale At Costco

You have me intrigued. Does it get the "smell" out of towels? I've tried beads etc

Honored Contributor

I love this stuff, every thing smells so clean, no costco here, that is a good price.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 

It's interesting because (as you pointed out) I didn't seen this product for months and, all of a sudden, the huge jugs showed up everywhere.

I stopped in Walmart, Target and my local grocery store and they all had it.

I'll have to check to see if they have the unscented next time I am out.

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

You have me intrigued. Does it get the "smell" out of towels? I've tried beads etc

@scatcat  My towels getting a little funky smelling was the reason I started using it originally, well before the pandemic.  I think the newer HE washing machines don't get things as clean as the old types.  I bought a new washer (top loader) last year that has 'Deep Fill' & 'Deep Rinse' options, so it does a better job than the washer I had when I 1st started using the Lysol stuff.  I use it in the rinse cycle in place of fabric softener.  I haven't noticed the funky smell on my towels since & it doesn't leave a residual scent on my laundry that I've noticed.  I think the smell was coming from the "cooties" on my towels that weren't getting cleaned as thoroughly in my old washer, too.  I wash bedding & towels in hot water.

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 

thanks I'm going to try it. HE washer - will have to play with using it as a detergent or a rinse. Good idea about using hot water on towels.  We have a top load wash machine at our lake house. Much prefer it. I will experiment more with that machine too.

Target has 41 Oz and 90 Oz and a $1.50 off cartwheel coupon so may try a smaller bottle to start 

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Just came home from a trip to Costco & they had the jumbo 150 oz. sized jug of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer in Crisp Linen scent for $3.00 off the normal price of $12.99, so $9.99.  Didn't really need another jug, but couldn't resist such a good price, especially since there was none to be found anywhere for many months.

@aubnwa01   Wow, that is a great price.  I love the stuff!  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@scatcat   As I see, you already got your answer.  I never understood why some towels would still smell.  After all, they were just washed with laundry detergent and bleach (the white towels).  You would think they would smell as clean as they look, right?  But the Lysol added in the rinse cycle really does make your whole laundry smell clean and fresh.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB 

Thanks! Sold! Now I just have to figure out how to add to rinse cycle. I've never done that 🤪

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up the large jug at Costco, too. A good value at the sale price.