Esteemed Contributor

I seem to have a fondness for Mary Kay pink this year - I keep stopping myself from building any decorating around it, except for candles.  Now I see, I am right!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  That chair is hideous.  Too loud and if you had to look it, you would get dizzy.  The room reminds me of a 50's vibe and not my cup of tea.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It's what I envisioned my future home would look like.....when I was 13.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, not my style, but I do like how bright the room is.  It would be nice to see the rest of the room.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Very visually appealing and balanced to my eye.  The larger dresser is a solid, soft color, as are the large, light window treatments.  Contrasted and colorfully rich are the smaller pieces, like the chair, pillow, vase and picture.  Glass containers and glass top occasional tables allow the eye to see through the objects, thus providing an open feel.  Flowers and plants soften any hard edges, as does the rug.  Use of metal accents subtly draws the eye around the room.

I love the thoughtful composition - would love to see more from this designer.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Valued Contributor

I’m not feeling any of it.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

Definitely not for me. Color wise, or style wise!

Super Contributor

I don't see a colorful living room.  I see a colorful chair.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Colorful Living Room

[ Edited ]

I like the chair. I think the painting competes with the chair and I would use one that was not as colorful. I would use more of soild color rug or one without such a strong pattern.

The painting, chair and rug makes it feel like there's a lot going on in the room. The chair IMO is supposed to be the focal point. Therefore, I would mute the rest and use softer colors and patterns. I like the pink dresser.

By just switching the rug to white, to another solid color or a rug with a softer patten would most likely make the room work even with the painting.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Too cold looking.

I don't like anything in that room at all.

Isn't it interesting how we can react right away to knowing how much we like or dislike or are neutral about something?

And interesting to see everyone's different tastes too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"