Respected Contributor

Re: Coffee Table Size & Shape Guide

I recenly placed an upholstered bench in front of my living room sofa and just love it. I love coffee tables but I'm always thinking outside the box.

1602-RT.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have three sitting areas in my house.  One has a coffee table (a large trunk actually) and the other two have ottomans with trays when needed.  I like the ottoman/tray thing because you can put your feet up wnen you want to, yet you can utilize the tray when you need to.  I don't like the practice of putting your feet on a coffee table.

Respected Contributor

We bought a beautiful oval coffee table over 40 years ago, and our round end tables 32 years ago. They were looking a little beat-up, so I began looking for new ones earlier this year. I wasn't finding anything in my price range that I really liked. So...we've had the old ones refinished! I am beyond pleased with the way they've turned out. I told the person doing the work that I didn't want them to look brand-new--just better--and he did a great job. The patina is still there, but the finish is now even again.

I'm 63, so if I get another 40 years out of these, I'll be happy, LOL!