Honored Contributor

Holy smokes, I do not remember cob webs being so bad.  We sprayed (home defense product)  around the foundation for bugs/insects but that did not seem to do much good.

Any advice on what else to use would be appreciated.

Esteemed Contributor

I used some of the  Zevo  spray  that has cinnamon oil in it. You can also buy some dry sachets

Honored Contributor

It's mosquitoes in my area - no repellent will stop them from biting.

Respected Contributor

Embrace them and leave them up for Halloween decorations. 🎃That's what I do.

Honored Contributor

Spraying the foundation will do no good when it comes to spiders.

Spiders travel by swinging from a web strand from one object to another.  Baby spiders literally travel by air on a web as both are lighter than air.

The ground travelling spiders do not make "cob webs" on objects.  Their webs are usually on the ground covering their hideout to catch their meals.

I would contact an exterminator for their advice on how to prevent spiders inside your home.  The stuff they use depends on the type of spider that making the cob webs.

Depending on the part of country you live & the spiders surroundings, spiders act differently  Most adapt quickly.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac    Thanks for the explanation, guess I'll hit the yellow pages for an exterminator....I live in a rural area, there is no one local.

Honored Contributor

I know'  I hate them and I am constantly wiping them off with a broom.

Contributor

I can only speak from experience on subject of spiders inside.Spiders avoid peppermint. I buy the essential oil of peppermint and place on cotton ball in corners of house. I haven't seen any since then. Hope this helps

Trusted Contributor

We have so many outside too.  I think our problem is that we've hardly had any rain to "wash them away"!

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I know'  I hate them and I am constantly wiping them off with a broom.

@rms1954  Smiley LOL

You reminded me of my mother.  She would take a pillow case, put it over the broom, then sweep the cobwebs from the ceiling corners in each room of the house.  Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen the webs in a floor corner.  Maybe my mom got to those first w/the vacuum. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif