Super Contributor

HELP WITH SHEETS - NEED ADVISE

Where can I find sheets (Solid) for king size bed that do not wrinkle, after taking them out of dryer.

Also - no microfiber.  Too hot.   Like sheets that are cooling.

Help!!   I do not want to iron sheets.  When I take sheets out of the dryer, and put them on my bed, they are a wrinkled mess!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: HELP WITH SHEETS - NEED ADVISE

I searched and tried many sheet sets but finally found my perfect set by Cariloha; Bamboo sheets.  They are expensive but coupons are available.  I have 3 sets; they are very cooling and come out of the dryer wrinkle free!  When I got my first set, I was horrified when I took them out of the washer and saw the wrinkles.  But when I pulled them out of the dryer (wash cold, dry cool w/ dryer sheet) I couldn't believe how wrinkle free they were!  Money well spent!

3C429F8A-14AE-4681-81D0-A7A4A7BB5037.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So am not sure what difference a wrinkled sheet makes--unless it's just to please your eyes--they get wrinkled when you sleep on them and cover them up with blankets---I remember in the olden days when I saw a neighbor lady ironing her sheets-----what a job!! My formula for buying sheets is they have to be at least 60% cotton---when you see a very high thread count, that means that the cotton part, the 60%, is that high  thread count--the other 40 % is micro fiber or what ever. The recent TSV sheets were 55% cotton and the rest micro fiber------ I have really nice, cool, wrinkle free-- , for the most part, sheets for years now. but am interested in the bamboo ones.

Trusted Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Where can I find sheets (Solid) for king size bed that do not wrinkle, after taking them out of dryer.

Also - no microfiber.  Too hot.   Like sheets that are cooling.

Help!!   I do not want to iron sheets.  When I take sheets out of the dryer, and put them on my bed, they are a wrinkled mess!!!

@qvc chick   Northern Nights wrinkle defense.  The best.  

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick I'm 73 and my mom ironed sheets for awhile and  then quit. I've never wasted my time.

I don't care if they wrinkle! I mean who sees them? My late DH cracked up when I told him my mom ironed sheets. They go on the bed and get covered up. To me wrinkles are not a big deal.

Honored Contributor

I only use 100% cotton sheets.  I prefer to hang them to dry, but that isn't always possible.  I put them In the dryer on a warm setting, not too hot.  

I fold them neatly right out of the dryer and use my hands to smooth them as I go.  When I put them on my bed, they are not really wrinkled.

I have noticed that the more cotton sheets are washed, the less wrinkled they get.  New sheets always seem to need the pillow cases ironed, but after they are washed quite a few times, that is not necessary. Old sheets don't wrinkle.

I washed my sheets yesterday and put them right back on the bed.  I was thinking that they were smooth and I was happy that I didn't have to iron the pillow cases.

I never buy cotton sateen sheets (they wear out quicker)  just percale and get sheets anywhere when they are on sale.

Honored Contributor

The only sheets I do not like are microfiber--too much static.  I prefer cotton/poly.  I too remember my mother ironing sheets but then she had a washer with a wringer that the clothes were put through--those were the days!

I don't care if the sheets are wrinkled.  My eyes are closed when I'm in the bed-LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

Try Macy's Charter Club Damask sheets. They don't wrinkle and come in two depths, 17"or 22" for pillow top beds.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I searched and tried many sheet sets but finally found my perfect set by Cariloha; Bamboo sheets.  They are expensive but coupons are available.  I have 3 sets; they are very cooling and come out of the dryer wrinkle free!  When I got my first set, I was horrified when I took them out of the washer and saw the wrinkles.  But when I pulled them out of the dryer (wash cold, dry cool w/ dryer sheet) I couldn't believe how wrinkle free they were!  Money well spent!

3C429F8A-14AE-4681-81D0-A7A4A7BB5037.jpeg

@BornToShop 

I bought some of those quite a while back. While they are nice I don't think their quality is what it was.

DH liked their bamboo underwear. Now they are so thin he won't wear them.

It's been several years since I have ordered from them so not sure how their quality is today.

Honored Contributor

I have egyptian cotton sheets from Lands End but they don't sell these anymore.

As long as I take them out of the dryer when dry they are not wrinkled.