Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas In July (New Thread).

@lucymo wrote:

@pinky ann wrote:

Lucy, I always find the neatest stuff in the Dollar General, especially when I don't expect it. I love their True Living candles, especially the Salted Caramel scent. I've never bought a candle back up until trying these.

For me, having limits in space, and how much I can put out and around, mean things have to really be special for me to buy them. About two weeks ago at "work", I bought a beautiful platter, smaller sized, but with pine boughs and pine cones as the border. I was thrilled with it, and paid a dollar for it. We are surrounded by pines here, and with the lantern to work with it, I couldn't ask for more. 

Enjoy the shows tomorrow! I'll be online for sure, and so look forward to it! pinky

Honestly, I've never tried their candles, but I will.  Do they smoke much?  That platter sounds pretty.  I have a platter that Valerie had a few years ago with pinecones and ribbon trim in the ceramic.  It had a pie dish, server, dip dish and platter in the set.  I usually stand the platter behind my kitchen sink faucets and it looks great.  I'm not sure if I'm ordering anything or not.  I've been looking at my Christmas decor this afternoon and my word, I have a lot of it. No way I will use even half of it at one time.  I've ordered a lot of As Is since last year too.  But, I may get the church cloche and the reindeer.  We'll see.  :-)

I'm having the same reservations Lucy and I also took a quick look at some of my decor (at least the stuff that's not buried in the attic).    I bought so much stuff at after Christmas sales last year, especiall at P1,  that I didn't even get to use yet so I'm still riding the fence too. Where is JPC and her sensibility right now???? We could use a voice of reason around here.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@pinky ann wrote:

Lucy, I always find the neatest stuff in the Dollar General, especially when I don't expect it. I love their True Living candles, especially the Salted Caramel scent. I've never bought a candle back up until trying these.

For me, having limits in space, and how much I can put out and around, mean things have to really be special for me to buy them. About two weeks ago at "work", I bought a beautiful platter, smaller sized, but with pine boughs and pine cones as the border. I was thrilled with it, and paid a dollar for it. We are surrounded by pines here, and with the lantern to work with it, I couldn't ask for more. 

Enjoy the shows tomorrow! I'll be online for sure, and so look forward to it! pinky

Honestly, I've never tried their candles, but I will.  Do they smoke much?  That platter sounds pretty.  I have a platter that Valerie had a few years ago with pinecones and ribbon trim in the ceramic.  It had a pie dish, server, dip dish and platter in the set.  I usually stand the platter behind my kitchen sink faucets and it looks great.  I'm not sure if I'm ordering anything or not.  I've been looking at my Christmas decor this afternoon and my word, I have a lot of it. No way I will use even half of it at one time.  I've ordered a lot of As Is since last year too.  But, I may get the church cloche and the reindeer.  We'll see.  :-)

I'm having the same reservations Lucy and I also took a quick look at some of my decor (at least the stuff that's not buried in the attic).    I bought so much stuff at after Christmas sales last year, especiall at P1,  that I didn't even get to use yet so I'm still riding the fence too. Where is JPC and her sensibility right now???? We could use a voice of reason around here.

JPC is reading our posts and laughing uncontrolably at us being silly. lol  Well, I did cave and order the carolers cloche.  I'll use my large cloche and make a church one.  What are you leaning toward?

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@pinky ann wrote:

JPC is reading our posts and laughing uncontrolably at us being silly. lol  Well, I did cave and order the carolers cloche.  I'll use my large cloche and make a church one.  What are you leaning toward?

Just the church at this point.  Funny thing is that I was gonna cave and just order it already but the website kicked me out and didnt complete my order. Is that a sign??? Ha Ha

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@pinky ann wrote:

Just the church at this point.  Funny thing is that I was gonna cave and just order it already but the website kicked me out and didnt complete my order. Is that a sign??? Ha Ha

Keep trying, it will work.  LOL  Or, you may end up with more than one church.  I love the church too, but don't need two.  I think I can find a nice church to put in one of my clear glass cloches.

Super Contributor

I got the 3ft tree. Trying the lights now and like the white lights and timer. It does smell funny like wire  but it is going away. It is plastic with the flock. The battery box is big and outside of the base.  I like the white lights and can go to color if I want.

Valued Contributor

Hi Gang!

Lucy, The True Living candles burn the cleanest of any I've tried so far. The one that's lit this morning is down to about the last quarter of the jar, and still going strong. These candles smell great, but don't overpower you with the scent. I hope you love them if you try them.

MTH, Looks like you and Lucy are off to a good start! I taped the midnight show, and will watch it this morning to see if there are any ideas I can use. I don't want to buy much, from anywhere, as we'll be lucky to use half of what we have, even though we pared down so much.

I tried to post a photo of the pine cone platter and lantern, but got a message that something was too big. I'll try the other camera later.Just as an aside, I take it as a sign not to order if the site kicks you off! lol They'll have lots all day today, and the big CIJ weekend will be here before you know it. pinky

Trusted Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

Hi Gang!

Lucy, The True Living candles burn the cleanest of any I've tried so far. The one that's lit this morning is down to about the last quarter of the jar, and still going strong. These candles smell great, but don't overpower you with the scent. I hope you love them if you try them.

MTH, Looks like you and Lucy are off to a good start! I taped the midnight show, and will watch it this morning to see if there are any ideas I can use. I don't want to buy much, from anywhere, as we'll be lucky to use half of what we have, even though we pared down so much.

I tried to post a photo of the pine cone platter and lantern, but got a message that something was too big. I'll try the other camera later.Just as an aside, I take it as a sign not to order if the site kicks you off! lol They'll have lots all day today, and the big CIJ weekend will be here before you know it. pinky

Hi Pinky:  I've been pretty good at restraint so far...just the church cloche.  However, the day is early.  I don't use everythig I have each year either, but I have been good about getting rid of a few really old things each year.  Hope everyone keeps posting what they are getting or any decor ideas they have for what they buy

Trusted Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@pinky ann wrote:

MTH...check your status to see that you don't have a couple of churchs in process.  Sometimes it says QVC is down but it does go thru.  Have had that happen before.  Don't want you ending up with 2 churches after all the other things you are going to order, you don't want to let us down, do you Prez???

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Hey lucy,

I am watching you.  My mommie told me not to hang out with people like you.  LOL.  You can get me in some big trouble.   But I have found there are a few just like you on this forum.  Love the cloches this year especially the size.  

Hope the timer works this year and if not be sure to try it backwards before sending it back.

Enjoy the shows today

JPC

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone. 

Heads up on a Luminara item that is NOT showing up under the CIJ Sale link for me. 

http://www.qvc.com/Luminara-6-and--8-Mercury-Glass-Flameless-Cylinder-Candles.product.H286052.html?o...

Luminara 6 and  8 Mercury Glass Flameless Cylinder Candles

These are now just $42.90 for the set of 2.

I know someone here ordered this set recently.  Are you pleased with yours?  Which color did you get?  How bold (orange) is the gold, if anyone knows?