Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas In July (New Thread).

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

Good morning, All, I don't see anything, except the doves and the pretty silver finials behind them. I will be curious on pricing when these two items appear. Have fun, everyone!

Hi Rosehill, I asked about those finials but no answer yet.  They are different than the ones in the preview, I think.  I haven't seen them before.

Hmm Lucy.  I thought the finials were the same as in the preview.  Maybe I'm thinking about the ones with the reindeer.  Keep us posted on whether you get a response.

Hey, rose & MTH, Valerie said the finials will be available later in the season. 

She was pretty quick to respond. Thanks for handling that Lucy.  I guess its not unreasonable that they will hold some surprises for later on.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

Good morning, All, I don't see anything, except the doves and the pretty silver finials behind them. I will be curious on pricing when these two items appear. Have fun, everyone!

Hi Rosehill, I asked about those finials but no answer yet.  They are different than the ones in the preview, I think.  I haven't seen them before.

Hmm Lucy.  I thought the finials were the same as in the preview.  Maybe I'm thinking about the ones with the reindeer.  Keep us posted on whether you get a response.

Hey, rose & MTH, Valerie said the finials will be available later in the season. 

She was pretty quick to respond. Thanks for handling that Lucy.  I guess its not unreasonable that they will hold some surprises for later on.  

YW.  Always glad to help.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

I like the doves too, rosehill.

Trusted Contributor

Ed on Air has 2 new products up. One is a 3ft. Tree w/burlap base, the other are very pretty, wooden ornaments.
Valued Contributor

Lucy,  I saw your post on Gloria's thread. Thanks for the reminder! I decided to tape Valeries shows, mainly to save any ideas I might like. I know the tsv isn't calling me, as I have limited display space, but I'm keeping an open mind as far as other items that may be presented. Knowing me, probably an open wallet as well! heeheehee Smiley Happy

The thrift shop I volunteer at is having their Christmas in July the weekend after the 4th. We worked on it this morning. I've seen a few small things I could use, and will pick them up next week. Thankfully there's nothing expensive... place sigh of relief here...... It's fun to see the different lights and things we've gotten in, and I'm thinking about a set or two as they're so unusual. I check for new posts here most every day, along with Gloria's thread, so I'm not hard to find. Just do a shout out if I've missed a post or anything. Ok? Get your snacks and drinks ready for the shows! Can't be without the necessities you know! lol pinky

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

Lucy,  I saw your post on Gloria's thread. Thanks for the reminder! I decided to tape Valeries shows, mainly to save any ideas I might like. I know the tsv isn't calling me, as I have limited display space, but I'm keeping an open mind as far as other items that may be presented. Knowing me, probably an open wallet as well! heeheehee Smiley Happy

The thrift shop I volunteer at is having their Christmas in July the weekend after the 4th. We worked on it this morning. I've seen a few small things I could use, and will pick them up next week. Thankfully there's nothing expensive... place sigh of relief here...... It's fun to see the different lights and things we've gotten in, and I'm thinking about a set or two as they're so unusual. I check for new posts here most every day, along with Gloria's thread, so I'm not hard to find. Just do a shout out if I've missed a post or anything. Ok? Get your snacks and drinks ready for the shows! Can't be without the necessities you know! lol pinky

Hi Pinky, if you go to Facebook and type Valerie Parr Hill in the search box you can see her items for the show tonight.  You don't have to join FB her page is public.  I'm sure most items will sell out quickly.  Wish I could visit your thrift shop but I'm in SE MO, so it would be a long drive.  lol  Have a great day.

Valued Contributor

Hi Lucy! If you leave soon, you'll probably get here in time for our next weeks sale! lol I did look at the thread Susan Louise started and there are some nice things. I have to remember how much I have though, as I don't have tons of diplay rooom or storage for that matter. If I find something I love, then I'm sure I'd make it work. With having pretty much first pick at the store though, it makes it harder to order. 

I bought a lantern last year while shopping in the Dollar General. I just happened to see it sitting out of it's area, and it's one of my favorite pieces ever. It was 5.00! The medium green shade, and pine trees that make up the design are perfect for our home, in most any room. I'm hoping to see another like it, or at  least similar. That would be a welcome and much used purchase. I hope you love what ever you buy. pinky

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

Hi Lucy! If you leave soon, you'll probably get here in time for our next weeks sale! lol I did look at the thread Susan Louise started and there are some nice things. I have to remember how much I have though, as I don't have tons of diplay rooom or storage for that matter. If I find something I love, then I'm sure I'd make it work. With having pretty much first pick at the store though, it makes it harder to order. 

I bought a lantern last year while shopping in the Dollar General. I just happened to see it sitting out of it's area, and it's one of my favorite pieces ever. It was 5.00! The medium green shade, and pine trees that make up the design are perfect for our home, in most any room. I'm hoping to see another like it, or at  least similar. That would be a welcome and much used purchase. I hope you love what ever you buy. pinky

We have a Dollar General nearby and you never know what you might find there.  I used to live in the Trenton, NJ area so yeah, I need to be leaving here by the weekend to be on time for your opening next week.  LOL  There will be a lot of stuff to find between now and November when I start to decorate for Christmas.

Valued Contributor

Lucy, I always find the neatest stuff in the Dollar General, especially when I don't expect it. I love their True Living candles, especially the Salted Caramel scent. I've never bought a candle back up until trying these.

For me, having limits in space, and how much I can put out and around, mean things have to really be special for me to buy them. About two weeks ago at "work", I bought a beautiful platter, smaller sized, but with pine boughs and pine cones as the border. I was thrilled with it, and paid a dollar for it. We are surrounded by pines here, and with the lantern to work with it, I couldn't ask for more. 

Enjoy the shows tomorrow! I'll be online for sure, and so look forward to it! pinky

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

Lucy, I always find the neatest stuff in the Dollar General, especially when I don't expect it. I love their True Living candles, especially the Salted Caramel scent. I've never bought a candle back up until trying these.

For me, having limits in space, and how much I can put out and around, mean things have to really be special for me to buy them. About two weeks ago at "work", I bought a beautiful platter, smaller sized, but with pine boughs and pine cones as the border. I was thrilled with it, and paid a dollar for it. We are surrounded by pines here, and with the lantern to work with it, I couldn't ask for more. 

Enjoy the shows tomorrow! I'll be online for sure, and so look forward to it! pinky

Honestly, I've never tried their candles, but I will.  Do they smoke much?  That platter sounds pretty.  I have a platter that Valerie had a few years ago with pinecones and ribbon trim in the ceramic.  It had a pie dish, server, dip dish and platter in the set.  I usually stand the platter behind my kitchen sink faucets and it looks great.  I'm not sure if I'm ordering anything or not.  I've been looking at my Christmas decor this afternoon and my word, I have a lot of it. No way I will use even half of it at one time.  I've ordered a lot of As Is since last year too.  But, I may get the church cloche and the reindeer.  We'll see.  :-)