Honored Contributor

Re: Carpet Cleaners

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a Bissell Big Green machine.  It was expensive and I hesitated, but I finally went for it.

OMG,  it is amazing.  I made my carpets beautiful.  I even cleaned an area rug in my Living room that I was ready to replace.  I cleaned the carpet in my RV. The high price was worth it. My carpets are cleaner than when I have them done professionally.

i would give it a 20 out of 10. There are thousands of reviews on Amazon and even pictures people posted.  The carpets are almost dry when you are finished too.

Tomorow, I am off to clean the bedroom carpets.

The unit is pretty heavy.  I just detach the water tanks and carry them separately up the stairs.  It folds pretty small and will store in a closet.

i understand some Lowe's and Home Depot stores rent this model....it might be wise to rent it first before you buy.

Respected Contributor

I bought a Rug Doctor from Costco several years ago....love it. It does remove a great deal of water as it cleans. For a deep clean, you need to move the machine slower, so the carpet ends up more damp (but still not remotely wet). 

During the summer, the carpet dries really fast. In the winter, it feels dry to touch within 24 hours, but I wait a full 2 days to put furniture back in place. 

My machine is very sturdy & well-built. When I fill it to capacity with solution, it does add weight. It doesn't affect me at all, but it could be heavy for some. 

I have animals so I'm really thankful I have this machine!  I use it A LOT.  Smiley Happy