Honored Contributor

Re: Candle lovers, what do you do with the jars?

@Tique wrote:

@house_cat   I put my spare change {no pennies allowed} in my used candle jars. When my neighbor's son comes home on breaks from college, I give him a jar which is usually full. It is a pain free way for me to be able to give him something which he is happy to receive. He told me those coins have saved him more than a few times. This is his last year. I will have to find another worthy young person to continue my tradition.

@Tique. That is so sweet of you!!!!!!! You gave me an idea too, I will start filling 3 jars for each of my grandchildren, and give it to them when they are full, and they can cash them in........

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN    great idea for your grands.They will be surprised and happy at how much money they have once the jar is full.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Reuse, repurpose, recycle.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@house_cat  I freeze the jars, then break out the wax. Easy Peasy.

@pattypeep

You have changed my life!  I tried this last night and I have to admit I didn't have a lot of faith that it would work. This morning, I popped the wax right out and into the trash!  I had no idea!  I feel so much less guilty about buying them now!  Thank you!

~ house cat ~