Honored Contributor

Re: Candle lovers, what do you do with the jars?

@Tique wrote:

@house_cat   I put my spare change {no pennies allowed} in my used candle jars. When my neighbor's son comes home on breaks from college, I give him a jar which is usually full. It is a pain free way for me to be able to give him something which he is happy to receive. He told me those coins have saved him more than a few times. This is his last year. I will have to find another worthy young person to continue my tradition.

@Tique. That is so sweet of you!!!!!!! You gave me an idea too, I will start filling 3 jars for each of my grandchildren, and give it to them when they are full, and they can cash them in........

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN    great idea for your grands.They will be surprised and happy at how much money they have once the jar is full.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Reuse, repurpose, recycle.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@house_cat  I freeze the jars, then break out the wax. Easy Peasy.

@pattypeep

You have changed my life!  I tried this last night and I have to admit I didn't have a lot of faith that it would work. This morning, I popped the wax right out and into the trash!  I had no idea!  I feel so much less guilty about buying them now!  Thank you!

~ house cat ~