Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I am in LOVE with the laytex flowers on the Sundance site. 

I've wanted to do an arrangement for our dining room for fall-winter and they look SO real.

I've looked laytex flowers up on line and amazon only had roses, nothing that I would be drawn to at all.

Honored Contributor

Oh, they would be so pretty, @ECBG -- aren't they the ones that have that "real-touch" feeling?  You'd swear by touch that the petals were real?

With spring ahead, I'm surprised there aren't any tulips around.  They would lend themselves so well to that real-touch feeling.  Bright tulips in spring, ah!

But maybe you have a specific flower in mind, that you can't find?  Colors?

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

The Real Touch tulips bought in a multiple set areen't that expensive.  I saw those on amazon I believe.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to get in on your conversation but I have never had Latex Faux Flowers. 

I have been looking for something very realistic for my kitchen Island and everything I see looks way too fake. I will have to investigate Latex ...thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

Me too, @DREAMON --  since @ECBG mentioned it, I've gone back and checked the Sundance site that she referenced, and whoa, the flowers are gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

My order from Sundance came (with another 10% off) but the few faux flowers weren't included!  I can't wait to see them and find out where they came from.  There should be a brand sticker on the stems!  Can't wait to see!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh, great, @ECBG ,  I can well imagine how exciting it will be when they come!  Your arrangements with these beauties will be something to see, once they arrive!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

You're too sweet!  I am just on the edge of the planning stage.  I have yet to order all of the stems I want (hopefully the first stems will have a coupon as well!),  too many stems but the price is out of sight!  Their SH is the absolute worst!  One would lose a lot of money by not doing one order!  The SH is almost equal to the price of some of the flowers!!!

I also need to come up with a container.  I LOVE the crystal rectangles.  Still, a tall cut glass pitcher would be pretty!Smiley Happy  I'd like it taller and thinner.

Also looking at the containers at Fresh Market.  They can be pretty.

8 inch Tall Thin Opening Glass Rectangle Vase | Home Decor

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

VERY big box delivered today.  I first thought "rug?" then read the Sundance return address.  

Holy cow!!!  Flowers!  

They're rather long, which allows room to cut the stems for an arrangement.  I started out with the pink buds because I thought they would sell out first.

I did get yet another 10% off coupon, but that SH will strangle you!  In this case I about came out even.

20220317_150812.jpg

The buds have almost a light "suede" like texture.

20220317_151452.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Antime someone pages @Oznell , you know it has to be good!

Very pretty flowers, and like all of you, I agree it's important they feel "right," too.

I envy you your wonderful porch so close to that woodsy area. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.