Valued Contributor

Hi @Kati, i used to be fairly active on these boards but now it is so slow that I only come here to Crafters, Spurt's posts on QTalk & the TV forum. It's kind of sad because I miss some of the other posters & threads but it just takes too long to bring up a forum, find a thread & bring it up.

Anyway, you had a question about Playful Pieces & I have that set. I've made 8 or 9 cards from it geared towards kids but it could easily work for an adult if you are sending a "Thinking of you" type of card. The colors are muted, not bright primary colors. I took some quick pictures of the cards I made plus the supplies I still have left & posted them on Pinterest if you want to go look there. Not great photos but it will give you a good look at the kit. It is one of my favorites.  If you go to Pinterest & type in "Mewsmom", itcshould bring up my boards & I named this one AG Playful Pieces(my bad photos). Hope that helps. I dont do Facebook, I am on Instagram if you want me to post the photos there instead.

All right I have to go as usual. My mom is back in the hospital so I am driving many miles nowadays. Thank you @Constance2 for the sympathy heart re my feelings about this board nowadays!

Respected Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

My mom is back in the hospital so I am driving many miles nowadays. 

Sending you and your mother positive thoughts.

Valued Contributor
@Marsha2003 Thank you. We can use them. Can't wait until we have this hospital well in the rear view mirror!
Regular Contributor

HI Mews!  Thanks for your Playful Pieces info.  I went to Pinterest to look at your boards but kept getting the response "Sorry, but we couldn't find any boards about Mewsmom."  Don't know what's wrong.  I think I'll wait awhile on this kit as there's other things I'd rather have.  If it goes on sale, I'll probably grab it.

I'm so sorry to hear your mom's back in the hospital.  This has to be taking a toll on you, and all the driving you have to do is just an added stress.  Just be sure to take care of yourself so you can take care of your mom.

I finally got my Craft Day goodies.  I bought 3 items and for the first time ever, I'm sending back an Anna item!  It's the Holiday Borders and Diecuts embellishments, that 1000+ piece add-on kit to the TS.  I was disappointed in this kit.  I knew there were 600 borders when I bought it, but I figured the other 400 pieces would make up for it.  They didn't for me.  There's something like 30 or 40 small trees, some with gold glitter, lots of ornaments, candy canes, Hanukkah items I wouldn't use, etc.  I knew there would be repeat embellishments from the holiday pop-up kit, but the repeats were not the ones I wanted or liked.  To me, this is an odd kit made up of leftovers, but not the leftovers I'd want to use.  

However, I do love the card kit and the assortment of embellishments in it, especially all the holly and vintage Santas and snowmen, etc.  This kit is very versatile, as the cards can be made as pop up, or pop out, or just flat like regular cards.  Very pleased with the 2 sentiments per card which together read as a sentence, one for the outside and one for the inside.

I also got the Vintage French cards, layers and envelopes.  LOVE them!  By far, IMO, the prettiest of her 'white' card sets.  Vibrant navy and wine and brown colors against the white background, lacy patterns, some botanical prints, etc.  Pairs perfectly with the navy and wine colored foils and glitters in the Minc package.

Heads up:  Anna's back on Oct 21 with a home show (did you see she has a robe and slippers for sale?), a crafts show on Nov 2 (supposedly with a revamped version of her green Christmas card box) and on Dec 14 with coloring books....this info direct from her FB page.

Look forward to hearing everyone's reviews!

Valued Contributor

Hi @Kati@Marsha2003@Krimpette@Constance2@Janetm (or @JanetM_1 ?, the way I remember your name doesnt come up)  Anyway, I havent been on the boards for weeks because when i had the energy, i didnt have the time & vice versa. My mom is out of the hospital at the moment so yea! But I still have to go there nearly every day (i've only had 6 days at home since September  & have put 7000 miles on the cars).  Things are calming down so i am going to try to take Tuesdays & Saturdays for myself so I can run my errands & make appointments that I can keep :-)

I missed Anna's home shows but with six cats i dont buy expensive bedding, i havent even slept in my bed since March, 2013 since there has always been a rescue of one sort or another living in the master bedroom. Right now i have a rescue in it who is becoming a permanent resident plus 3 little orphan kittens who are in a large dog cage in the front room. Got them from my brother-in-law 's yard when they were approximately 4 days old. They are going to be 7 weeks old tomorrow. They are great travelers now since they have had to go everywhere with me. They have started eating kibble & they use the litter box so i can leave them home if I wont br gone for more t han 8 hours. Ofcourse they are adorable (2 tabbies, 1b/w, 2 boys, 1girl) & i hope they test negative for FIV/FeLV &  i can find a rescue to help me place them in good homes.

Kati, i dont know why you couldnt find me on pinterest but its computers & things happen. I did a search on pintere ssh t & typed in mews. I come up first under "pinners". 

I got the Vintage French "kit" too & I think it is very pretty. Havenf done any crafting in weeks & cant even remember what i bought which is just terrible.  I didnt see Anna on November 2 though I wanted to. I am looking forward to her warehouse sale in December. Hope the people who attendedher Create event didnt get all the good stuff :-)

Anyway, I  really just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving & I hope you get to spend it with loved ones. I know many of us have empty places at the table where loved ones used to sit, but hoist a glass of whatever you are drinking & toast to all the good times & good memories & maybe shed a few tears too but dont linger too long in the sadness because that is not what they want for us.  Take care everyone!!

P.S.  There was someone earlier in the year (I think, time flies so quickly now) who was trying to figure out what to do with their empty AG càrd kit boxes. Well, I  have a use now...they make an excellent "Kitten's First Litter Box"! The sides arent too high & they are a great size for a 5-6 week old kitten. Also, they are very pretty :-D.  I think I have a new kitty product - decorator litter boxes :-D

Honored Contributor

mewsmomtoo, et al!  A Happy Thanksgiving to all!  And to mewsmomtoo, hugs and best wishes for a more relaxed pace in the coming months/year.    You deserve it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters

[ Edited ]

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

@Krimpette @mewsmomtoo @Kati @Constance2 @bigmarsh

@mewsmomtoo I hope your mother continues to improve and that all of your animals stay healthy.