Valued Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 Hi, That was probably a good decision regarding the Christmas kit if you dont want that many cards. In the past, the auto-ship kits have always been available separately & they will no doubt do the same with these.  

I saw the Vellum embellishments on the shopping list & checked them out. They are so pretty & I put them on my "in the future" list. If you can post pics, would love to see what you create with these. I'm hoping to get my computer up & running again (I've been using my smartphone as a computer for over a year now) & when I do, I will be able to post pics again. In the meanwhile, I am on Pinterest as Mewsmom & have been trying to remember to post to my "My AG Creations" & "HSN Products" boards.  Glor46er is also on Pinterest as Glorpenpaller, I believe, & she posts the pillowcases & lap robes that she sews & has for sale. I bought a lap robe from her & can vouch for its high quality (as can my cats!)

By the way, when I say I am not a fan of pop-ups, what I mean is that I have a hard time assembling them so I dont enjoy the process like I do for the other cards. I do love the results though! And yesterday, when she was showing the pop-outs, I was soooo tempted. But I think I will finish the Endearments kit first & see if I get any better at the pop-ups before I buy another kit :-)

*edited for spelling

Regular Contributor

OK, which thread should I be using?  This one or the one Janet started for Craft Day.  I'm confused.  Help, anyone!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters

[ Edited ]

@Kati wrote:

OK, which thread should I be using?  This one or the one Janet started for Craft Day.  I'm confused.  Help, anyone!!

There aren't any rules, Kati.  Post on both threads if you want.

@mewsmomtoo  The vellum embellishments are brighter, spring/summer colors so I probably won't be using them until next year.

Valued Contributor

@Kati Hi,, I am a little confused myself but I think I will post primarily on this thread & reply on the other thread when I have something to say to those who are

e posting over there.

Hey everyone, my items have shipped already! I should have them by next Thursday or so. I cant believe it is almost the middle of October! Where does the time go?  My house is such a mess & I dont have any real crafting space, working on the floor is getting old plus I have six cats and i am getting tired of picking hair out ofv the adhesive :-) so that's it... I am arranging the furniture in my crafting space the way I want it & whatever doesnt fit will tossed, donated or put in the 2nd bedroom. I hope i can get the space together somewhat easily...we'll see :-)  Then I need to get  a comfortable chair. Luckily, there are lots of thrift stores plus a university store where they sell all their old office furniture so I'm hoping to find something pretty readily.

And tomorrow I am walking into a comic book store for the first time to get my Grumpy Cat comic, cant wait to read about her & Pokey's adventures. She also has another book coming out called

"No It All" :-D  I am just a big fan of this little cat & they do a great job on her books.

Talk to you soon!

Super Contributor

I did it!  Ordered the Ultimate Crafter's Companion, but I didn't buy it from HSN.  After weighing all the pros and cons and not wanting to wait for the $10 off coupon to be valid, I shopped around online and found that JoAnn Fabrics had it at a big discount.  It doesn't include the two new DVDs, but I probably wouldn't watch them anyway.  Anything I need to know, I'm sure I can find on Youtube.  The price at JoAnn's was $38.99 with an additional discount of 20%.  Shipping was a flat $4.99, and of course there's sales tax. I was even able to get a Martha Stewart lace edge punch for $7.49 and the UCC at a grand total of $46.40.  

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Regular Contributor

OK, I'm sticking with one thread and this is it!  The other one is too specific for just Craft Day.  I like this one cause it's more generic.

Anyway,  it sounds like everyone got some nice things on Craft Day.  I got the TS Christmas Card kit, the 1000+ extra embellishments and the Vintage French white cards, layers & envelopes to go with my latest Minc foil & glitter shipment.  Nothing has arrived yet and probably won't till midweek.  

@Constance2, I've debated about that Crafters Companion for ages but haven't bought it yet.  What a great deal you got!  I know it sounds stupid, but I really don't like that purple color and it would clash with every other craft tool I own!!  Plus, HSN has several different models at different prices and who knows which one to get?  Besides, I already have a scoring board and bone folder and mini bow maker and paper trimmer so guess I don't need any more.

@mewsmomtoo you must be in great shape to craft on the floor!!  I'd never get up!!  haha  I use my dining room table and it's way too small but it's the best I can do.  You said you didn't buy the TS because it was pop up.  Did you see Anna's demos showing how to use the pop up kit like a regular kit?  She showed several examples where the outside was decorated like normal with a sentiment, and then she used the inside (pop up) sentiment flat on the inside.  That's the way I'll probably use 75% of the card kit.  Then she showed how you can cut the pop up structure into regular 4x6 card layers.  Very little is wasted.  Hope you're enjoying Grumpy Cat!!

@ValuSkr, I'm still laughing at your comment that Anna looks like Britany Spears!  I don't see it at all, but I thank you for the laugh!

@Krimpette, I also debated about that no cord glue gun.  I'd be very interested in hearing what you think of it, and if it goes thru batteries very fast.  

@Janet M, I'm so glad you held strong and didn't buy anything!!  Folded like a limp noodle!!   haha  Hope you enjoy your goodies and don't have buyer's remorse.  I sometimes do right after ordering, but as soon as everything arrives, I'm always glad I bought them!

Looking forward to everyone's reviews.  Oh, BTW, does anyone have the Playful Pieces card kit?  I've been debating about that for months and just not sure if I'd get much use from it.  Has anyone used it for adult cards?

Super Contributor

Kati, I have been thinking about getting the Crafter's Companion for a very long time.  I've checked on Ebay, but never found one as low as what I purchased mine for online at JoAnn Fabrics.  

I really don't send that many cards, but I do enjoy doing crafts.  I bought it just as a distracting hobby, I guess.  I also thought that maybe at Christmas, I could send cards to servicemen and women, or make them for nursing home residents.  

The online demonstration sold me on all the creative ways it can be used.  The purple color isn't exactly one I'd normally choose, either, but that won't matter, because I keep my craft stash out of sight and I'm the only one that sees it.

There do seem to be add ons that you can get that do additional things that the CC cannot do.  I want to be sure I'll actually use the CC before I commit to buying any additional items the company offers.

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Valued Contributor
@Kati I wrote a reply then the board failed. Takes mexa long time to peck out these replies o n my phone so I will try again later or tomorrow. I hate this format!!!!!!!!!
Regular Contributor

Constance, can't wait to hear your CC review.  I hope you get as good as Sara, the CC lady who does the demos.  I'm always fascinated the way she uses that board, flips it around, makes bows in 10 seconds and makes a gorgeous card in like 30 seconds!!  I can see your fingers flying already!!!

Mews, hang in there!  I can feel your frustration with these forums, believe me!

All my goodies arrive today....card kit, extra 1000+ embellishments and Vintage French cards.  I'll review asap.  

Does anyone have those CC dies that Sara showed?  They are so unique and different ....Nativity scene, fireplace scene, large angel, etc.  I want them!  In fact, I had the fireplace one purchased, then got an email saying they didn't have enough stock and my order was cancelled.  I keep prowling the website hoping they come back in stock soon.  Around $26 for a 2 pack of dies.  Did I say I want them??  haha

Honored Contributor

UPS delivered my goodies at 8:00 last night.  Opened everything this morning and I've already started in a bit on the pop-up cards.  Once I put the inserts in, the rest is just plain fun!  Haven't looked closely at the embellishments (I also got the extra set of embellishments), but I'm quite sure they're typical high-quality Anna.  I love making pop-up cards.  Can't want to continue!  I want to try some of the pop-out style also.  So much for using up my kit from last year!!!!!!  Oh, and I also received the envelope stamps.  I'll have to practice a bit with those, since I'm not very adept at stamping (I don't do it very much).