Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I wondered where everyone disappeared to.  I'd finally reconnected on the Crafters thread, then poof!  Everyone stopped posting!  Thanks, Mews, for posting about this new thread.  

Mews, thanks for such detailed reviews.  The Vintage French cards, layers and envelopes are the latest set of 'white' cards to go with latest Minc auto-delivery (which I received today).  Love this set...the foil colors are navy + copper + burgandy + gold...oh, my!  Pretty glitter papers, too.  The embellishments are tres French:  Eiffel Towers + little French signs + Paris signs + so much more.  There's a bottle of Foil Transfer Paint + a paintbrush as well.  Love it all.

My holiday foil layers came in a folder of similar quality and weight as the other folders I have.  Maybe you got a company reject by mistake!  

I've been heming and hawing about those Pretty Patterns cards.  Now I won't waste my money on them...thanks!  I'll waste my money on something else!  haha  

Krimpette and Marsha...glad you like the coloring books.  The floral cover of the largest book is gorgeous.

Oct 7 is definitely a 24 hr Craft Day.  I got an HSN program guide today and every hour is filled with crafts.  Even Martha has a couple of hours!

Is anyone else as overwhelmed as me with all the new things, plus the return of many past items (eg, the various metallic paper kits) now up for sale on HSN?  I'll have to be extremely choosy with my choices.  Probably just the TS Christmas card kit and the 1000 piece die cut collection this time.

One last thing and I'll shut up.  HSN has a Crafts Coupon...$10 off a crafts purchase of $50 or more (no clearance items). Coupon  #159572 valid till 10/31.

Respected Contributor

@Kati Thank you for sharing the coupon code.  It sure will come in handy on Anna's expensive items.

Regular Contributor

Marsha, you're welcome.  I forgot to mention the coupon is good for multi items totalling $50.  It doesn't have to be just one item for $50.

Respected Contributor

@Kati wrote:

Marsha, you're welcome.  I forgot to mention the coupon is good for multi items totalling $50.  It doesn't have to be just one item for $50.

That's great because so often the coupons are only good on one item which doesn't work as most things are priced at $49.95.

Esteemed Contributor

I went to Walmart when all Crayola school supplies were on sale.  Got markers, pencils and watercolors really cheap.

Regular Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I went to Walmart when all Crayola school supplies were on sale.  Got markers, pencils and watercolors really cheap.

I've read other remarks from people saying Crayola colored pencils are among the best and cheapest out there, even better than others costing a lot more.

Only 3 more days till the big 24 hr Craft Extravaganza!  

New Contributor

Just FYI...I tried using that coupon today and discovered that it is not valid until October 12. I did a live chat with customer service and they confirmed that it does not take effect until then. Bummer! Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

Ok, I give up! I will no longer say whether or not it is a 24 hour Craft Day :-) I was wrong on these last two days & I really thought I had it right - oy! Glad there are others to get it right.

@Krimpette Thx for telling us about the coloring books. They sound beautiful.  I dodnt get to see them on HSN tonight, I did see a little of the gold Explore Air. As usual, it looks like such a fun thinh to have but I have learned my limits & fancy machines are definitely not for me. My laptop has been messed up for a year & because I dont know what to do with it, it sits gathering dust. I have been using my smartphone for a year as my computer & the tiny screen & limitations are getting to me! Notice how I dont correct things anymore? That's because it is difficult on this phone. 

And I hate how if we hit reply on these threads we can see only that post. I know I had things to say to @Marsha2003@Kati@barrel racer  but now I dont remember what & i cant scroll up to see your posts. Absolutely maddening!

I cant believe HSN has a Craft coupon but we cant use it until after the big day. Last time they had ageneral coupon for $15 off of a $75 purchase (could be several items) that I was able to use, but I dont see it listed at the moment. If you think of it & have a big enough order), try to find it by googling.

Have fun shopping everyone & please cone back & tell us what you bought!

Valued Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone, saw there was another thread about HSN but I didnt stop to read. Thought I would post here first & see what happens :-)

As usual, i was driving around & doing chores, but I actually managed to see quite a bit of Anna's last two shows plus some odds & ends. I swear that woman can just about talk me into anything. I was watching her present the TS & it is so beautiful that I almost bought it :-D  But I held firm & remembered that I wasnt a big fan of pop-ups & wasnt tempted anymore.  By the way, how much time do you think they devoted to that TS?? It didnt sell out either. I wonder if it was the pop-ups or the price point or because she sells a lot of a la carte Christmas items. I  hope next year's kit is back to "normal".

I never got a good look at the Christmas diecuts. From what I could tell there wasnt a lot of color or variety & they didnt look as nice as the ones that came with the kit. If anyone bought the extra Christmas diecuts I would really appreciate your opinion because I really didnt get a good look. I saw it on the tiny screen of my phone & on one old box tv (20" screen). Anyway i decided to pass in the hopes of finding someone who will have seen them in person.

So what did I actually buy? I bought what I had planned to buy:

371-669 Festive Gift Tags

443-540 Vintage French Cards Layers & Envelopes (I'm on the Minc autoship so these go with the most recent shipment)

443-532 Anna Griffin Permanent Adhesive Tape Runner 4-pk (need tape, this seems like an ok deal & it was free shipping & who can resist the gold color :-D  )

Will let you know my thoughts when I get my items. Hope everyone had fun shopping. I did, I even enjoyed the multiple TS presentations because those pop-ups (& pop-outs) are so pretty & it is inspirational to see these beautiful things.

Respected Contributor

I skipped the TSV because I don't need that many Christmas cards.  I was interested in the auto-ship portion until I saw that they were charging $32 for 20 cards.  While that's cheaper than store-bought cards, it wasn't special enough for me to invest in the $50 TSV to get the auto-ships.  Maybe they will offer the auto-ships separately in the spring.

I did buy the Vibrant Vellum die-cuts.  They are very pretty.