Respected Contributor

Calling All Crafters

[ Edited ]

I hope you don't mind that I started a new thread.  The other one was getting a bit long.  Just wanted to let you know that Anna's coloring books for $19.95 and 3D Christmas tags for $16.95 are available to order.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Marsha2003 I saw the tags yesterday, I'm glad they finally came in. I finally opened my packages from the 9/8 show & will give my comments tomorrow.  I'm also tryinv to find a good YouTube video on making a mesh wreath. I want an orange and black one for Halloween. It looks a little harder than i thought it would be but I think I can do it. I think I will use a metal wreath frame & pipe cleaners rather some of the other options I saw.

Has anyone else made one? Any pointers or information I should have before I tackle this project? :-)

Honored Contributor

I ordered the coloring books the minute I saw them go on sale!  (I'm really into coloring these days).  I bought that other recent set of tags, so I'm passing on these that are now available.  That other set has so many, it'll likely last me a couple of years!!!!

(Thanks for starting a new thread!!!!)

Respected Contributor

@mewsmomtoo I haven't tried to make a wreath.  Good luck with yours.

Valued Contributor
Hi @Krimpette I know there was another thread re coloring, but I was wondering if you could tell me what you are coloring with. I have a set of el cheapo pencils (with only 12 colors) & I'm not always near a pencil sharpener so I want to switch to ink or felt maybe. I'd love your input & can't wait to hearwhat you think of the coloring books!

@Marsha2003 I loved the wreath I created for summer & had fun making it & I like decorating the outside of the house for Halloween so thought I would do a specific one instead of just a Fall one. You can do such great colors with mesh & then stick a couple of doo-dahs on it. Will let you know if it happens! :-)
Honored Contributor

Hello!  

My very favorite coloring tools are by Staedtler.  They are called Triplus Fineliner pens and come in various size sets.  They're available at Michael's, but I've found them to be less expensive (and a wider variety of sizes of sets) on Amazon.  I like to do some accents in various areas and love GellyRoll Stardust Gel Ink pens, which I also got from Amazon.  I got the set of 16.  (I have some other pens that I use also, but I seem to mostly gravitate to the Staedtler pens.  Once in a great while, I'll use colored pencils for a larger area, but that's not the norm.  I just love coloring and can't wait to see what the AG books look like!  I should be receiving them this week!

Valued Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette Thank you for the coloring info. I am going to order a set of those pens

As I said earlier,  i finally opened my September purchases, here are my thoughts:

371-688 Angelic Card Toppers

These are really so nice, there was more to the kit than i realized, it's not just the angels. If you like vintage Christmas you will love these.  There are the angels of course, but also sentiments with a religious theme, gold glitter curlycues, miniature postcards with angels on them, blank tags for the front of the card as well as 4x6 papers the front of the card. The colors are mostly traditional green, red, & gold with some silver & a couple of tan.  It all comes in a really nice box with angels all over it plus the AG gold pattern & it's not flimsy. All in all, a real favorite :-)

442-893 AG White Christmas  Cards & Layers

These are very nice, traditional-in-every-way cards & layers that go with the Christmas Minc auto-ship because it has the same patterns & colors that were included in that - holly leaves, snow flakes, red, green, gold, silver, gray-blue, pine cones, pattern variations of the same plus some with stripes. It all came in one of those cellophane envelopes with a sticky seal. I usually end up tossing those so it will be stored with the Christmas Minc stuff in my Tiffani storage system. It had some foam dots too :-)

442-896 AG Christmas Pre-tied Bows

These came in a super-nice frosted plastic container & I am going to keep them in there. There are five colors in two sizes - the usual small bows & then larger ones (maybe 2" straight across the top). The colors are silver, gold, green, bright red, dark red. I think some people have complained that the bows are sometimes crushed but that may have been something else. The bows do look kind of bent up in the bags but if you take them out they straighten quite easily. I bought these because I love putting bows on the cards & they can easily be used for non-Christmas cards. Maybe I should by a bow maker of some kind? Does anyone have one they like?

442-881 AG Holiday Foil Layers

These come in a flimsy box. Her boxes in the past have been great. I have the ones for all the separate diecuts she offers & those are much sturdier versions of this same box. This one is going to rip very soon. Very disappointing that she would go cheap especially since this has heavy paper in it. Hope this is not a harbinger of tjings to come since one of the things we have loved about her & been willing to pay premium prices is the quality of her products. The box is very pretty at least :-)

All that being said, the actual product is gorgeous. All that glorious gold foil on red, green, white & gold backgrounds, just beautiful; however, the 6x6 is printed on much heavier stock than the 5x7. It is very difficult to bend whereas the 5x7 bends quite readily. Not sure if there was a reason beyond cost for this, does anyone have an idea?  I am keeping this pack because I think it will last a while & the foil is beautiful. There are 64 5x7 & 32 4x6.

442-892 AG Pretty Patterns Cards & Envelopes

I bought these because I thought i could use them to help use up leftover embellishments & that they were different patterns than we have seen in the past. In my eyes, these patterns are exactly the same as what was included in previous kits & that is not what I was looking for so I am sending this back. If I were going to repeat something, it would be the "Pretty Paintings" cards, these just seemed like more of the same old, same old. I thought i saw something about "french vintage" somewhere so I think I  will try to find that & see what it is like :-)

That's it for September, so far I  am planning to buy the Festive Tags & I am trying to talk myself outof the CChristmas diecuts kit she is offering, but I kind of love them. We'll see about the price! Take care all, cant wait to hear what YOU couldn't resist next Wednesday :-D

Honored Contributor

Krimpette here checking in to report on the AG coloring books!  As one would expect, they're beautiful!  Although, at least right now, I'm favoring the two smaller books and have already started one of the pages.  My main "gripe" is that the pages are not perforated for removal from the book.  I prefer to take the pages out.  But the stock is a nice weight and I'm not seeing any bleed-through.  I'm anxious to see the presentation on Monday night.

As I think back, I'm thinking that she indicated at one point that the smaller ones would be perfect to use with card-making.  Given that, I'm even more surprised that the pages aren't perforated.  However, on the smaller books with careful use of my X-acto knife, I was able to remove a page.  I haven't figured out if that will be possible with the larger book.

I've ordered another set to give as a Christmas gift.  I got one of my closest friends "hooked" on coloring!  And I know this is not a set that she would see anywhere and buy herself.

Anyone else buy these books?

Respected Contributor

@mewsmomtoo Thank you for the detailed review of the products you purchased.  It's so helpful.

@Krimpette I bought the coloring books with the thought that I could use the designs for custom colored card embellishments.  I don't know why the pages aren't perforated, but I found that if I break the spine of the book by opening it past 180 degrees, I can carefully remove a page from the binding glue without cutting.

Respected Contributor

More of Anna's new items are available for purchase.