Honored Contributor

Re: CONNECTICUT SALTBOX AT CHRISTMAS

The front door... Sorry @Oznell but you were slacking... Woman LOL

@Foxxee  @luvmybeetle  Eat your hearts out... Woman Tongue

Christmas in Connecticut at designer Lisa Hilderbrand's antique home

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's beautiful, but if it were mine, I would change a few things in the dining room. Like you said @Oznell , it looks like a gentlemen's club. I guess the owner must like that look, or an English hunt club look. I would lighten it up a little with antique oriental touches. Actually, I would probably decorate the whole house that way! However, with the exception of the dining room, I think the rest of it is almost perfect! Thank you for sharing this with us! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Aside from the animal head rug, there isn't anything I do not like about this gem of a home.   The rug in the first picture is stunning, there is charm, elegance and so much style and appeal throughout.  The Christmas decor is so lovely.  I could easily move into this house and be comfortable and content !!!!

Honored Contributor

dear lord----- what a hot mess--- not a fan of clutter in every square inch. Sorry but less is more.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Foxxee  All right look, I see I'm going to have to fend off several of you, but really, having staked my claim early, sorry but you'll need to keep looking... Honestly though, since your bags are paoked, you too are welcome to visit...

@stevieb 

Thanks.  Lol!

Trusted Contributor

Whoa, too much dusty stuff.  I like a simplier decorated house.  The house itself is beautiful but the overflow is too much.  I would be tripping over the tiger's head too.  Thanks for posting.  I enjoy all of your pictures.

Trusted Contributor

PS, I do love the kitchen sink...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom,  your ideas for lightening up the dining room just a bit are great!  As for chinoiserie,  a few blue and white ginger jars would be perfectly in keeping with the "mood",  and I believe would help temper the dark "hunt club" effect....

But I don't want to step on the toes of @stevieb, @luvmybeetle, or @Foxxee, who plan to set up housekeeping there and may have decorating plans of their own...  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I would remove a few things from some of the rooms but this house is so inviting, warm, and welcoming to me. I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@beach-mom,  your ideas for lightening up the dining room just a bit are great!  As for chinoiserie,  a few blue and white ginger jars would be perfectly in keeping with the "mood",  and I believe would help temper the dark "hunt club" effect....

But I don't want to step on the toes of @stevieb, @luvmybeetle, or @Foxxee, who plan to set up housekeeping there and may have decorating plans of their own...  Woman Happy

@Oznell  I'm always good with blue and white, but nope, nix to the 'Orientalia' or, as I suppose the current 'correct' term probably is, 'Asian influence'... Other than rugs, porcelain and possibly an old piece of furniture painted 'Chinese' red, not a fan... Never even liked Coromandel screens... Love that dark green china... Just lovely... But would lose what appear to be the mirrored place settings.. To be sure, this place is a study in excess but somehow, for me, it works...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...