Honored Contributor

CONNECTICUT LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN

Both of these rooms in this Connecticut house by Charlotte Barnes struck me as so cozy and liveable.  What do you think of the living room's wrap-around windows?  While they might be hard to curtain, it still is a great way to bring in natural light.  Would you do simple shades in this case?

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 1.18.30 PM.png

Seemingly not a large kitchen, but cute--

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 1.19.31 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: CONNECTICUT LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN

[ Edited ]

I would do tie top panels and push them to each side of the window and not waste a drop of sunlight!

That starburst would be on it's way out!

Honored Contributor

I love the windows and I would only shade them, probably the bamboo shades I really like those.  I agree cozy, I would add more color, but still I really like this cottage or house.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Oznell Amazingly, I actually like everything about this place. I agree with simple shades, I don't like curtains.

And I love the kitchen light fixtures. Light fixtures are the one thing I am extremely picky about and these are great.

I would get rid of that sunburst thing above the fireplace as I can't stand those.

Valued Contributor

Not feeling the Living Room at all, but absolutely loving the Kitchen ♥

Esteemed Contributor

Both are cute and cozy but both areas need a little more pattern and color to add some visual interest and make them even cozier.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I love the windows and would put sheer curtains on them,  I do not care for the furniture but the room itself is lovely.  

Super Contributor

I love both of these rooms!  And that fireplace!

I would also do shades on the windows. 
Beautiful rooms. 

Respected Contributor

I like the look of the windows but do not like the lack of privacy with no window covering.

I think your idea of shades is a good one. Shades would offer privacy and keep the room cooler when it's hot and sunny.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the kitchen...looks big to me, but then it's huge compared to mine! LOL! With the living room, I love those windows (no curtains!) but there's something about that big dark fireplace that doesn't do a thing for me. The furniture looks fine and cozy, but the fireplace...hmmm. It's not for me.