Respected Contributor

Re: CITY APARTMENT, COUNTRY COTTAGE

There are bits and pieces of both that I like, but overall I don't really care for either.

Far too "done" and cluttered for me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I love the light fixture off the living room. The wallpaper is too much. Otherwise it's a nice home. Well decorated. Love the colors of walls and furnishings. 

Respected Contributor

I like the city apartment.

The cottage has way too much clutter...I can't appreciate anything, because there is too much.

Honored Contributor

Although, I don't like some of the furniture and accessories, I give her 5 stars for interior design talent.

Overall, the apartment and cottage are both stunning. 

Frequent Contributor

Looks cluttered to me.....I noticed so many lamps everywhere....Sometimes "Less is More"

Honored Contributor

Interesting because while both have elements I very much like, overall, I prefer the city apartment to the country house. There are elements in both I'd want to change, but the house is where there are more elements I'd want to replace than I see in the apartment. Both are very nice.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

These rooms are beautifully decorated but visually heavy.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll take the Manhattan apartment with its bathroom and a designer of my choosing.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I like aspects of both homes. I also dislike some things about both as well. Some rooms are just too cluttered for me. I love the 3rd picture with the books and the window seat, that is beautiful! I like the 1st picture too, but the 2nd picture seems too cluttered to me.

Honored Contributor

I love all the clutter in my own home and my home would feel empty to me without it.  To me, more is more.  I'm not a fan of minimalism or even "less is more" or any of those levels of decor.

I know others have different tastes and levels of comfort, but both residences, city and country, appeal to me.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.