Trusted Contributor

Re: CIJ Fanatics

[ Edited ]

@flickerbulb wrote:

I had one a few years ago in the same area, but I was able to pour hydrogen peroxide or something like it on the sucker. I am not kidding, that thing died and stretched out to the length of my forearm.

I have a little dog who LOVES to dig around in the plant beds looking for small lizards. If she came in contact with that brute, it would kill her fast.

That is why I am freaking out. I guess the Bliss lights were a good purchase...they helped me know to be wary of that big toad.

I think I will direct it inside the patio somehow instead of in the trees. I am having an electrician come next week to install a new outlet in that area.

Hi Flicker: I have the same prob with the toads.  I think we live near each other and my yard has lots of bufo toads.  Over time, I've taught both my dogs to ignore them and although my dogs are both big, those toads could still kill them with a simple lick by the dog.   Not sure if the Bliss Light will keep them away as they come out at night, but it might be enough to keep them in hiding.  That would be worth it right there.   Enjoy your Bliss Light!!

Rosehill: That is a great story.  I could make a lot of money with all the bufos I have in my yard but can't imagine why anyone would want to buy one...LOL.  Guess little boys will be little boys.  Seriously, they are very deadly to dogs and we all in South Florida are always made aware of how dangerous they can be and unfortunately, they are everywhere down here.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Hey MTH, I opened my deer box and OMG they are adorable.  They do look like they've been carved from wood and I love the antlers, look very upscale, I think.  I'm tired tonight so will check them better tomorrow but I didn't see any defects. 

Now you guys have me depressed that I missed the deer. I don't need them, I just wish they'd put up a video of them!

Good Morning Lucy and MIO:  Lucy I'm so glad you love the deer. I took them out again just to look at them.  If I had a place to put them now, I'd probably leave them out.  MIO I'm so sorry thta you missed them.  Honestly, as they sold out pretty quickly, evenJill's show didn't do much of a presentation.  They still appear on the website so keep checking for any returns or canceled orders. You may also want to just do the waitlist just to cover your bases if you really want them.   If you collect reindeer, they would be nice to add as they are certainly different.  I will keep watching too and will post something if I see them available for you.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Hey MTH, I opened my deer box and OMG they are adorable.  They do look like they've been carved from wood and I love the antlers, look very upscale, I think.  I'm tired tonight so will check them better tomorrow but I didn't see any defects. 

Now you guys have me depressed that I missed the deer. I don't need them, I just wish they'd put up a video of them!

Good Morning Lucy and MIO:  Lucy I'm so glad you love the deer. I took them out again just to look at them.  If I had a place to put them now, I'd probably leave them out.  MIO I'm so sorry that you missed them.  Honestly, as they sold out pretty quickly, evenJill's show didn't do much of a presentation.  They still appear on the website so keep checking for any returns or canceled orders. You may also want to just do the waitlist just to cover your bases if you really want them.   If you collect reindeer, they would be nice to add as they are certainly different.  I will keep watching too and will post something if I see them available for you.  

Morning MTH!

I don't actually collect reindeer, but got the set off of Q last year, and fell in love with them.

The only other set I've ever had is a metal set with tea light candle holders for antlers, rather modern looking, and a pair of smaller ones that match and their antlers hold a pillar candle. Funny story about them. My husband often goes to auctions and buys scrap metal items, and resells (yep, money to be made there, though I don't get the fascination with it, but it seems to be a 'cult' thing here among some guys lol).

Well, anyway, my son always went out to these auctions with his dad on Saturdays when he was younger, and he came home one day and brought me this set of four deer, so excited, because he knew I love Christmas decor.

Now, mind you, they are the farthest thing from my decor of choice. To me they look very modern, sleek and to boot, the bases were rather pitted, but the actual deer looked good. I later looked them up online, and they resell for quite a tidy sum, and some versions are/were made by or offered from some nice stores (kid has expensive taste!)

Well, of course a mom is just thrilled, and even though I'd never have given them a second look in any store or on Q, I loved them immediately because my little boy was so excited for his mom to have them. 

Every Christmas season since, they have taken up residence on the big square coffee table in our family room. A simple wreath with pinecones surrounding their base hides the pitting and the candle holders filled with tea lights and pillars lit up at night almost provide a landing strip for the real reindeer on Christmas eve. 

I've even gone so far to buy silver MG items to coordinate and compliment these in this display, and was hoping for those silver swirl finials to complete this display. 

So at any rate, perhaps it is good that I missed them, as I'd probably just be committed to building a whole little world around them and become too attached or something! But I'd still love to see them 'in person' rather than Q's lousy picture.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Good Morning Lucy and MIO:  Lucy I'm so glad you love the deer. I took them out again just to look at them.  If I had a place to put them now, I'd probably leave them out.  MIO I'm so sorry that you missed them.  Honestly, as they sold out pretty quickly, evenJill's show didn't do much of a presentation.  They still appear on the website so keep checking for any returns or canceled orders. You may also want to just do the waitlist just to cover your bases if you really want them.   If you collect reindeer, they would be nice to add as they are certainly different.  I will keep watching too and will post something if I see them available for you.  

Morning MTH!

I don't actually collect reindeer, but got the set off of Q last year, and fell in love with them.

The only other set I've ever had is a metal set with tea light candle holders for antlers, rather modern looking, and a pair of smaller ones that match and their antlers hold a pillar candle. Funny story about them. My husband often goes to auctions and buys scrap metal items, and resells (yep, money to be made there, though I don't get the fascination with it, but it seems to be a 'cult' thing here among some guys lol).

Well, anyway, my son always went out to these auctions with his dad on Saturdays when he was younger, and he came home one day and brought me this set of four deer, so excited, because he knew I love Christmas decor.

Now, mind you, they are the farthest thing from my decor of choice. To me they look very modern, sleek and to boot, the bases were rather pitted, but the actual deer looked good. I later looked them up online, and they resell for quite a tidy sum, and some versions are/were made by or offered from some nice stores (kid has expensive taste!)

Well, of course a mom is just thrilled, and even though I'd never have given them a second look in any store or on Q, I loved them immediately because my little boy was so excited for his mom to have them. 

Every Christmas season since, they have taken up residence on the big square coffee table in our family room. A simple wreath with pinecones surrounding their base hides the pitting and the candle holders filled with tea lights and pillars lit up at night almost provide a landing strip for the real reindeer on Christmas eve. 

I've even gone so far to buy silver MG items to coordinate and compliment these in this display, and was hoping for those silver swirl finials to complete this display. 

So at any rate, perhaps it is good that I missed them, as I'd probably just be committed to building a whole little world around them and become too attached or something! But I'd still love to see them 'in person' rather than Q's lousy picture.

Good Morning MIO:  That is a great story.  Sounds like you already have the perfect set of reindeer.  And it is a lousy pic of these deer.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Morning MTH!

Good Morning MIO:  That is a great story.  Sounds like you already have the perfect set of reindeer.  And it is a lousy pic of these deer.  LOL

Love the story, MIO.  I wish I could sit down and take the time to do details as well as you do, but I'm just too hyper to spend that much time on it.  I'm so glad that we have you here on the forum because when you review an item, I feel like I can see it.  I'm waiting  a couple of days or so to test timers on my silver finials before I make a decision.  I still have an order for the Jill set of five finials to be shipped the end of July, so will check them out.  Since they're not lit, timers won't be a problem, one less thing to worry about. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Morning MTH!

Love the story, MIO.  I wish I could sit down and take the time to do details as well as you do, but I'm just too hyper to spend that much time on it.  I'm so glad that we have you here on the forum because when you review an item, I feel like I can see it.  I'm waiting  a couple of days or so to test timers on my silver finials before I make a decision.  I still have an order for the Jill set of five finials to be shipped the end of July, so will check them out.  Since they're not lit, timers won't be a problem, one less thing to worry about. 

lucymo, you are so kind! I almost left these forums when the big change came through. I post most often in the home forum now, because everyone here is so nice (I do occasionally still battle it out in Community Chat, because there are some things I just don't let go of LOL). 

I used to try to participate in the Temp-tations forum, as I have been an avid collector of the product, but like here, I'm very realistic about the product quality. When good, I'll gush all over it, when not good, I'll say so. But over there, there were a couple of people that would outright call you a liar or a fool, or claim you had a personal vendetta concerning the designer (really?), and kind of stalk you out no matter what. I just don't  have the time for those battles anymore, but love the camaraderie and genuine people that post here.

A number of people here are willing to go into detail when someone has questions or concerns, and I never feel anyone here 'judges' what other like, buy, dislike or comment on. It is more a group of sharers, not competitors.

I thoroughly enjoy my time here, and all of the people who post and support each other here. 

Headed out with my mom to enjoy some summer weather. Everyone have a great afternoon!

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Morning MTH!

lucymo, you are so kind! I almost left these forums when the big change came through. I post most often in the home forum now, because everyone here is so nice (I do occasionally still battle it out in Community Chat, because there are some things I just don't let go of LOL). 

I used to try to participate in the Temp-tations forum, as I have been an avid collector of the product, but like here, I'm very realistic about the product quality. When good, I'll gush all over it, when not good, I'll say so. But over there, there were a couple of people that would outright call you a liar or a fool, or claim you had a personal vendetta concerning the designer (really?), and kind of stalk you out no matter what. I just don't  have the time for those battles anymore, but love the camaraderie and genuine people that post here.

A number of people here are willing to go into detail when someone has questions or concerns, and I never feel anyone here 'judges' what other like, buy, dislike or comment on. It is more a group of sharers, not competitors.

I thoroughly enjoy my time here, and all of the people who post and support each other here. 

Headed out with my mom to enjoy some summer weather. Everyone have a great afternoon!

You are very right about the folks on this forum MIO.  Every once in a while I'll chat in the Pet Forum, but other than that, this is the only place i visit.  We have a good time in here that's for sure. The only problem is we usually put a hurtin on our cc's.  He He He.