Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

MTH and Susan Louise, I went to Hobby Lobby today and the first thing I noticed in the Harvest was the Crows are back.  They were on the top shelf so I know they had two poses not sure about the third one.  I tried to see but they were so crowded that I didn't move them to see.  They also had black deer but the antlers were very gold and I thought a more subtle color would have worked better, didn't really like that about them.  They have a lot of gorgeous pumpkins, glass ones.  I didn't get any of them as we are going to go to another city in a couple of weeks so I'm waiting and by then I will have the QVC items all in and put away. 

Thanks for the info I have to make my way over there.  It is right next to my grocery store...Woman LOLCan't wait to grocery shop this week...He he he.

Lucy:  Did you get the reindeer.I'm dying to know how you like them.

No, UPS hasn't come yet.  I'm also waiting for the infamous finials coming today.  I will post later tonight or early tomorrow morning.  I'm anxious to see them.  Oh, girl, I had to keep my hands in my pockets at HL today, the colors of fall are just so pretty.  Then right across from that is the christmas.  I saw some picks that had acrylic or some kind of plastic ice crystals on them, not too long maybe 8-10" but $1.00 each.  I wanted to get some but they aren't on sale so I'll wait until they are and then I'll get some. They would look good in wreaths or garlands and for that price, we could get a lot if we needed to. With 40% off, like 60 cents each. 

Oh my goodness.   Doesn't the UPS guy know we are waiting for him???

IKR?! Today I'm waiting on our new 'green' Bliss Lights 'firefly' light! Smiley Very Happy

Oh...that should be fun to play with.  

We'll be trying them out tonight...can't wait!!! 

The UPS guy just did our drop off...we had 3 boxes and not just one...lol

Our owl set from Improvements just came and so did VPH's frosted hemlock picks Smiley Happy

Let us know wht you think of my owls. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

MTH and Susan Louise, I went to Hobby Lobby today and the first thing I noticed in the Harvest was the Crows are back.  They were on the top shelf so I know they had two poses not sure about the third one.  I tried to see but they were so crowded that I didn't move them to see.  They also had black deer but the antlers were very gold and I thought a more subtle color would have worked better, didn't really like that about them.  They have a lot of gorgeous pumpkins, glass ones.  I didn't get any of them as we are going to go to another city in a couple of weeks so I'm waiting and by then I will have the QVC items all in and put away. 

Thanks for the info I have to make my way over there.  It is right next to my grocery store...Woman LOLCan't wait to grocery shop this week...He he he.

Lucy:  Did you get the reindeer.I'm dying to know how you like them.

No, UPS hasn't come yet.  I'm also waiting for the infamous finials coming today.  I will post later tonight or early tomorrow morning.  I'm anxious to see them.  Oh, girl, I had to keep my hands in my pockets at HL today, the colors of fall are just so pretty.  Then right across from that is the christmas.  I saw some picks that had acrylic or some kind of plastic ice crystals on them, not too long maybe 8-10" but $1.00 each.  I wanted to get some but they aren't on sale so I'll wait until they are and then I'll get some. They would look good in wreaths or garlands and for that price, we could get a lot if we needed to. With 40% off, like 60 cents each. 

Oh my goodness.   Doesn't the UPS guy know we are waiting for him???

IKR?! Today I'm waiting on our new 'green' Bliss Lights 'firefly' light! Smiley Very Happy

Oh...that should be fun to play with.  

We'll be trying them out tonight...can't wait!!! 

The UPS guy just did our drop off...we had 3 boxes and not just one...lol

Our owl set from Improvements just came and so did VPH's frosted hemlock picks Smiley Happy

Let us know wht you think of my owls. Smiley Happy

Hi Mousiegirl, I just posted about it HERE  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: CIJ Fanatics

[ Edited ]

Hey MTH, I opened my deer box and OMG they are adorable.  They do look like they've been carved from wood and I love the antlers, look very upscale, I think.  I'm tired tonight so will check them better tomorrow but I didn't see any defects. 

Trusted Contributor

OK, I just put my green Bliss lights out in the backyard. They look cool, but I could really use two of these to light up all of the trees. Right now, it is only shining on part of the four trees.

Clearly, I don't expect it to light th whole backyard, so I have to play around with the placement.

When i was our fiddling with the lights, a big thing jumped when I moved something. This is NOT good. This means it is most likely a deadly Bufo toad whose toxins will kill a dog within minutes.

Of course, I could not find a proper flashlight and I was bitten by fire ants and did not find the toad. Ugh! Now I have to keep the dogs on high watch until I locate the bugger!

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Hey MTH, I opened my deer box and OMG they are adorable.  They do look like they've been carved from wood and I love the antlers, look very upscale, I think.  I'm tired tonight so will check them better tomorrow but I didn't see any defects. 

Now you guys have me depressed that I missed the deer. I don't need them, I just wish they'd put up a video of them!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

OK, I just put my green Bliss lights out in the backyard. They look cool, but I could really use two of these to light up all of the trees. Right now, it is only shining on part of the four trees.

Clearly, I don't expect it to light th whole backyard, so I have to play around with the placement.

When i was our fiddling with the lights, a big thing jumped when I moved something. This is NOT good. This means it is most likely a deadly Bufo toad whose toxins will kill a dog within minutes.

Of course, I could not find a proper flashlight and I was bitten by fire ants and did not find the toad. Ugh! Now I have to keep the dogs on high watch until I locate the bugger!

Hi Flickerbulb,

I got only one set of the new Bliss 'firefly' lights in green and plan on using it with the 'regular green one we got last year. Our backyard is about 30x60' and I put the bliss lights fixture in a pot on the patio to cover 1/2 that area so we can enjoy them from our inset patio area. I don't try and fill the entire yard with the lighting since we can only see 1/2 the backyard from our patio.

I thought it would be cool to have both green lights that stayed still and others that moved.

Sorry to hear about those nasty toads! OMG! You definately taught me something today. For those that don't know about the toads either, HERE is info on them. Hope you find that darn toad Flickerbulb!!!

Valued Contributor

Flickerbulb~ I did not know that Bufo Toads were so bad. I have a funny story about Bufo toads. We live in Ohio, so they are not out in the wild here. One of our son's was always fidling around with animals when he was growing up. The local pet store had a Bufo toad for sale when he was about 12 years old. He saved up his money and bought the Bufo toad. I think it was about $25, and this was many weeks of washing cars at the local car lot.  My son and his friend built a little home for it in our wooded area. They made a water hole for the toad and spent a couple of hours  making it. Only to find that the toad hopped away and they never saw it again. I am sure it died before winter set in, as they are toads that favor warm climates. Can you imagine paying $25 for a Bufo toad, when you have lots of those buggers for free? 

That little 12 year old of mine grew up to be a microbiologist who owns his own lab, and his friend who helped him has his doctorate in seed genetic modification. Funny huh? 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

Hi Flickerbulb,

I got only one set of the new Bliss 'firefly' lights in green and plan on using it with the 'regular green one we got last year. Our backyard is about 30x60' and I put the bliss lights fixture in a pot on the patio to cover 1/2 that area so we can enjoy them from our inset patio area. I don't try and fill the entire yard with the lighting since we can only see 1/2 the backyard from our patio.

I thought it would be cool to have both green lights that stayed still and others that moved.

Sorry to hear about those nasty toads! OMG! You definately taught me something today. For those that don't know about the toads either, HERE is info on them. Hope you find that darn toad Flickerbulb!!!

Oh, my goodness, how awful, flickerbulb.  I hate fire ants but haven't heard anything about the toads.  I know dogs will usually foam at the mouth if they touch the toad with their mouth.  I hope you catch the toad without any more problems.

Trusted Contributor

I had one a few years ago in the same area, but I was able to pour hydrogen peroxide or something like it on the sucker. I am not kidding, that thing died and stretched out to the length of my forearm.

I have a little dog who LOVES to dig around in the plant beds looking for small lizards. If she came in contact with that brute, it would kill her fast.

That is why I am freaking out. I guess the Bliss lights were a good purchase...they helped me know to be wary of that big toad.

I think I will direct it inside the patio somehow instead of in the trees. I am having an electrician come next week to install a new outlet in that area.

Trusted Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

My green Bliss lights came and i tryed them out inside. WOW! I can't wait until it is dark and I will shine them on the trees in the backyard. I love the movement.

I am not sure if my dogs can see the dots, but I think they might be able to. They acted odd when I turned on the light!

I'm glad all of you who received the Bliss Lights love them.  Flicker I would be interested to see how your dogs do.  Never thought of that but it would be fun to know how they react.  

Also..for those of you who plan on watching Q Plus today, I had it on early this morning and they all seem to be pre-recorded shows and some of the items are already sold out from last weekend so you may want to just drop by here and there to see what you may have missed.