Honored Contributor

Jennifer Robin is another designer who works so well with stone, wood and glass, in houses, often in the mountains, northern California, and the Bay Area.

This is a little smattering of all different houses she's done, so don't get dizzy as you get whipped back and forth!

Here's a house in Woodside, CA.  It has three connected pavilions, one of which is a garage.   Rather cleverly allows it to be spacious, without looking huge:

LX_SanFrancisco46_HOM_Robin_06.jpg

The pavilions are connected though, so you don't have to go outside to get to the next one, thank goodness.  I'm so susceptible to variegated stonework--  must be b/c of my Welsh stone mason Grandfather, ha.

LX_SanFrancisco46_HOM_Robin_07.jpg

In this living room, the color mix of a sort of steel blue, with black (charcoal), and rose accents in pillows, appeals to me.  LOVE the gray onyx fireplace.  The sparkling light fixture is like circular raindrops above.

LX_SanFrancisco46_HOM_Robin_01.jpg

I don't particularly like "memorable" backsplashes in kitchens, but since everything else is solid and quiet, I'll accept an interesting tile.  Look how she keeps the subtle blue and black color scheme going, even in here.

LX_SanFrancisco46_HOM_Robin_04.jpg

This bedroom is so blessedly simple, yet has an "oasis" feeling to me.  Note the "ashes of roses" color again, this time in a velvet chair.  The view into the stone bathroom is tantalizing...

LX_SanFrancisco46_HOM_Robin_05.jpg

This house is in Calistoga, in the Napa Valley.  I'd be so excited walking up to this entrance, waiting to see what's within...

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 1.36.34 PM.png

I like the way the living room enfolds two focal points-- both the beautiful stone fireplace, and the rolling view:

Jennifer_robins_interiors_projects_calistoga_JRI.MtnHomeRanch_016_1_living_room_LR_fireplace.jpg

Here's a cozy cabin she did, called simply "Vineyard Residence".  It might be too dark for me, but I'd love to have those kitchen views:   

Jennifer_robins_interiors_projects_st_helena_II_Bergman_03_HR_kitchen_island-1151x1440.jpg

And bedroom views!  She does great bedrooms, among the most restful I've seen:

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 1.31.34 PM.png

Jennifer_robins_interiors_projects_st_helena_II_Bergman_08_HR_bedroom_to_exterior_ext-scaled.jpg

Not to neglect ski country, here's a house project she calls "Sugar Bowl":

0-Sugar_Bowl_28_HR.jpg

Has an upbeat, Alpine feeling.

Sugar-Bowl-Thumbnail.png

Such a cute, cheerful kitchen from which to view the slopes!

Sugar_Bowl_03_HR.jpg

Finally, this Lake Tahoe residence has that moody lake- plus-woods vibe:

Rustic-Lake-House-Retreat-Arcanum-Architecture-07-1-Kindesign.jpg

I like the paint color they used on the built-in and trim below--  Farrow and Ball's "Studio Green".

Rustic-Lake-House-Retreat-Arcanum-Architecture-04-1-Kindesign.jpg

Love the cozy, lodge-like feeling, and "trapezoidal" windows:Rustic-Lake-House-Retreat-Arcanum-Architecture-09-1-Kindesign.jpg

This bedroom, with its views of evergreens and lake, spells deep relaxation to me.

Jennifer_robins_interiors_projects_lake_tahoe_Leupold_18_off_bedroom_BR-scaled.jpg

Jennifer_robins_interiors_projects_lake_tahoe_Leupold_19_off_bedroom_BR-scaled.jpg

Jennifer Robin has a real feel for "getaway" charm.  She can also do urbane, sophisticated apartments and residences, if you check out her full portfolio.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful home.  I could move right in and be very comfortable even with all the neutrals.  The only thing I definitely don't like are the gray kitchen cabinets.  Love the setting which is obviously in the mountains.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The Napa Valley house is for me .. all the way !!!

Honored Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA HOUSES

[ Edited ]

I like her houses, inside and out, but most of her decor choices leave, for me, much to be desired. With a few exceptions, they're a bit predictable and a bit too modern.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I really like all of these highlighted homes. Tasteful, calm and not overdone. Thanks for sharing your finds @Oznell .

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

They are all well done and appealing to me but the Napa Valley house (especially the kitchen)...LOVE!

Honored Contributor

Agreed, that Napa Valley house is so at one with its setting...   I could camp in that living room, next to the stone hearth, for a long, long time, and just soak in that view.   What is it about stone and glass and wood...  Then, if I could just have the onyx fireplace (from the first house), maybe installed in my bedroom or even bath.... heaven!

Trusted Contributor

I'll take the vineyard residence. They're all very nice.

Respected Contributor

All of these houses are beautifully done. None of them are exactly my style due to so much dark wood, but there is something to love in every room. The settings are spectacular.