Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

My favorite decorating esthetic is french country, leaning towards traditional, but I really do like this room. It seems serene. I could definitely curl up and relax there.

Contributor

I am a traditionalist so this would not work for me but I admit it is very well done and quite striking. My only concern is that it would have a short life span and not ideal for the long term.

Honored Contributor

The room is put together well, but I don't know how long I could live with the black walls.  

I definitely think the wicker chair on the left looks very uncomfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Boy that’s different and beautiful. I like it. It’s calming. 

Trusted Contributor

ummm  No Thanks......With all the ''beautiful colors'' in the paint world, I would never choose black ..to depressing

Honored Contributor

I don't think I'd like an all black room, but I could see doing one wall if it were the right black.  The one pictured kind of looks like the Ralph Lauren black that I really like.  I don't like the furniture at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Very well coordinated furnishings to compliment the black walls.

This would work best in a room with minimal sunlight, like a basement or an interior townhome with most windows facing N or E.

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Very well coordinated furnishings to compliment the black walls.

This would work best in a room with minimal sunlight, like a basement or an interior townhome with most windows facing N or E.

I disagree about needing minimal sunlight, this is the color that needs plenty of light and high ceilings and would work well in a larger room. Otherwise it would look like a cellar. 
Honored Contributor

I really like the light furniture and lamp against the dark wall.

I would replace the art with something much less modern...I think that would give the room a warm and welcoming vibe instead of the cooler modern vibe it has now.