Contributor

Best Interior Wall Color Suggestions please

Hello,

We are probably going to sell our house this year.  It needs to be repainted on the inside.  What would be the best color to choose?  I know this is very subjective, but I would love to hear ideas.

The realtor said white is very in right now, but I wonder if that is too stark?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Interior Wall Color Suggestions please

There are a lot of different shades of white and some are not as stark as you would think.  I think that white is a good idea because it looks clean and it's neutral.  It can be softened with accent colors on pillows, drapes, etc.  Good luck with the sale of your home.

It's the little things.
Esteemed Contributor

I was going to suggest white ... there are many shades of white that are a“soft white” & look beautiful on the walls .... white lights up the room!!😀

Honored Contributor

The man who did all our painting when we lived in Pittsburgh told me that the color he paints the most - far ahead of all other colors by a long shot - is IVORY.

When we decided to paint our house to prepare it to sell that was the color he told us to paint it. We did - it sold in 9 days.

Honored Contributor

I am painting a couple of rooms in my home Dove White from Benjamin Moore. It’s a color that seems to go with everything..both warm and cool colors.

i saw it in someone else’s home and fell in love.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 2,000 sq. ft - 2-story house - and the builder had all the walls painted off-white. A few times, I thought of painting my kitchen yellow - and my bedroom a soft blue. But --- I really like the off-white. I have lots of colorful art on the walls, throw pillows on my sofa, and items on my kitchen counter - so there's lots of color.

Frequent Contributor

Greige...I hear people are loving shades of greys and tans...Balboa Mist gets my vote! 🙂

IMG_0716.JPG

Valued Contributor

Valspar Lyndhurst Estate Cream 3994-8C sold at Lowe's

Honored Contributor

I just painted a new house in shades of white.  All Sherwin Williams colors.  White Linen, Steamed Milk and Morning Daylight.

I want my house to look light, bright and cheery even on a cloudy day.

I thought grey would be the most revered color suggested here.  So many seem to love it.

I can't.  I just can't.  

It wouldn't match one thing I own in any of my homes.

Honored Contributor

I really like a warm white. I painted all my trim with Mayonnaise by Benjamin Moore a few years ago and now I am thinking about doing all the public area in Mayonnaise.  The trim will be a different texture so it will still stand out.  I am going to paint my bathroom black. The rest of our home will be Mayonnaise.  My bathroom has ivory travertine floors and shower and Absolute black granite counter tops.