Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Yes,to me it is NOT cruelty free!!!!

they subject these poor goats to constant pregnancy's  just to make soap!

What happens to their babies???????

I know this is NOT  the answer you wanted, but......................

@MalteseMomma That fact never entered my mind, but of course you are so right. That whole idea with cows, sheep and goats does bother me, but not enough to give up cheese, I could give the soap up though and will.

Contributor

I also have been using Nellie's for at least 5 years, very happy with the results. I also use the Oxygen Brightener. Cannot handle scented laundry detergent so Nellie's gets my vote. Friends & extended family members are now using as well after I introduced them to Nellie's. Use wool dryer balls, so I am fragrance free all the way.  I  Have not tried Beekman. 

Valued Contributor

I'm not familiar with either, but I have a question: do they have goat's milk in them? I'm not sure why you would need goat milk in a laundry detergent, if they do...

Valued Contributor

i own, like and use both
i have been using nellies since before it was available in the usa (yep, that's a long time)

both get my clothes equally clean.

in cold water, beekman's does not dissolve like nellies does, at least not for me.
that could be because i have diamond hard water
in warm/hot water, both dissolve, as expected.

i have a top loading washing machine and put both right in the tub when i turn on the water.

i prefer nellies because it dissolves regardless of the water temperature.

if you do a lot of laundry, per load, nellies is more cost effective, especially when they have a tsv on hsn, which has free shipping. i have seen nellies in costco in a really large size. something like 1,000 loads.
beekman happy place products may only be available at hsn

Valued Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

while i am not a goat farmer, i seriously doubt that the goats are 'constantly' pregnant.
i say that because josh and brent only say that the goats are having babies ONCE a year.

if you email their company,  you can ask them who they give the baby goats to.
they may keep some and give the rest to other goat farmers.

Honored Contributor

duplicate post

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

i own, like and use both
i have been using nellies since before it was available in the usa (yep, that's a long time)

both get my clothes equally clean.

in cold water, beekman's does not dissolve like nellies does, at least not for me.
that could be because i have diamond hard water
in warm/hot water, both dissolve, as expected.

i have a top loading washing machine and put both right in the tub when i turn on the water.

i prefer nellies because it dissolves regardless of the water temperature.

if you do a lot of laundry, per load, nellies is more cost effective, especially when they have a tsv on hsn, which has free shipping. i have seen nellies in costco in a really large size. something like 1,000 loads.
beekman happy place products may only be available at hsn

@iwrite 

I forgot about how it dissolves. Wish I did not have that problem but I do with Nellie's.

I have noticed it on newer jeans after I wash them. A pair of DH's still has some on one pair that did not come out in the laundry. It's still on those jeans after numerous washings. I even put it in the washer & go off to do other things to let it dissolve? Why am I having issues?

I have also ordered the larger buckets. One time the bucket was damaged. Guess UPS had laundry detergent all over the place.