Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Navy is my favorite color! Those windows (and drapes) are gorgeous. This would work perfectly in my life. Thanks for a great post, @stevieb 

@BirkiLady  Glad you enjoyed this picture... I'd like to see the rest of the room, but unfortunately, this was the only angle captured...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@stevieb Have to admit, I am opinionated when it comes to home decorating.

I hate this room! Too dark and I don't like that stye of chair at all. I don't like drapes. OK I'm done Smiley LOL

@Love my grandkids  Now I want you to tell me how you REALLY feel...

Woman Very Happy

No worries... We all have our own tastes and preferences and while I like what I can see of this room, I probably wouldn't do the same thing in my own room...

Honored Contributor

Nice, the bedroom must be huge

Honored Contributor

Wonder how many people actually have a sitting area in the master bedroom. I don't!

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like something you would just look at but not be comfortable in.  I do like the bowed window.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bedroom Sitting Area...

[ Edited ]

Generally, I do include some sort of seating area in my master bedroom. I don't currently have one because I'm actually using the smallest bedroom at my place, which has the best view of seveal outdoor features... When and if I move into a larger room, I will have a small love seat in the room.

Honored Contributor

Nice picture, but I absolutely do not want a sitting area in my bedroom. 

My bedroom is a cool, dark room set up to be the space where I sleep and dress.   There are no chairs, no lamps, no TV, no clock radio.   My body knows that once I climb in bed and flip onto my stomach, it is time to sleep, and it does.   

Trusted Contributor

I like this.  It's a formal style, not really my taste, but it does look good.  Nice contrast of colors.

I do like the floor/ceiling windows for all the wonderful natural light, as well as the capeting.

As always, thanks for posting @stevieb