Honored Contributor

Luminara Candles with timer/hour remote - what am I doing Wrong?🤔

I recently bought the updated luminara candles with the timer / hour option.  I must be a "dummy" because I've read & read the directions yet they didn't turnoff -- I had to use "off" on remote.  I selected 4 hour mode.

Any help would certainly be appreciated!  Thank you!!!

E89B0DE9-2E29-4C8C-949F-D5420ADCFD03.jpeg

Contributor

Re: Luminara Candles with timer/hour remote - what am I doing Wrong?🤔

You have to turn the candle on manually (use the switch on the candle to turn it on), then use the timer button on the remote to set the hours.   The candle should blink, then you know the timer is set.  Hopefully this helps.

Honored Contributor

@jeepgrl 

thank you.  So the switch needs to in "timer" position and not tap ON.  correct?

Thankyou I will try tomorrow evening to reset them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe she is saying the opposite.

candle switched to on position.

then press how many hours on the remote.  The candle will blink.  That means it is set.

I don't have any new luminara, but have had candle impressions with the blink.  For some reason, they totally battle me.

Contributor

GCR18 is correct.  You turn the candle to the ON position, not the timer position.  Once the candle is on, you use the remote to set the # of hours you want it to stay on.  The candle will blink and you know it's set.  It should go off after the number of hours you set from the remote and come on the next night at the time you set it.  I think the default # of hours on the candle if you just set it to the TIMER setting is 5 hours.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you! @jeepgrl and @GCR18  :  I cannot believe I'm so stupid!!

after attempting your great directions and this only working on 4 of the 10 I have...the "lightbulb" came in!  not all the candles can be programmed for the amount of hours BUT run on their own internal timers. DUH!!! But, I can use one remote for turning them off!

The 4 I just bought worked perfectly!  Thanks so much!!!