Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Pretty bed!  I wouldn't let pet hair deter me.  I clean up after two cats constantly. 

I never purchase something to hide pet hair---I'd rather see it and deal with it.

Would you consider mirrored furniture?  The edges/frame  are in a platinum shade (looks both gold and silvery). 

Yep. It just goes along with having pets.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Pretty bed!  I wouldn't let pet hair deter me.  I clean up after two cats constantly. 

I never purchase something to hide pet hair---I'd rather see it and deal with it.

Would you consider mirrored furniture?  The edges/frame  are in a platinum shade (looks both gold and silvery). 

Do you have a picture of a example. That could be interesting.

Honored Contributor

So you are having all new furniture, appliances etc? Only moving in your personal items? plus the house!

When can I move in?

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

So you are having all new furniture, appliances etc? Only moving in your personal items? plus the house!

When can I move in?

I will be getting a new bed and furniture for my bedroom sometime after we move in. Yes my parents got all new appliances. They will work on getting new greatroom furniture after we move. I am disabled and live with them. I can’t wait to get a new bed and get rid of the ugly hospital bed. I already have my comforter, curtains, and wall art.

Esteemed Contributor

What about this?

AF9226C5-F35D-4D16-9D61-7E60A1B9AE16.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Is this what you were were thinking about when you said mirrored furniture? It is very pretty. Would you do a dresser that was mirrored also?

83CA5D27-B167-42EC-93A7-23674C43190B.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bed from wayfair

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday,

What a beautiful bed! I have never seen tufting repeated on the footboard. It's stunning.

You have numerous options on how to coordinate the bed with other furniture.

1. You could go Hollywood Regency with a mirrored finish, similar to the nightstand on the right. Interestingly, it also repeats the triangular effect of the tufting using mirrors.
  2. You could go more formal with cherry or walnut traditional pieces.
  3. You could go contemporary with angular, light, black or espresso hued wood with hardware matching the metal color of the decorative nails of the bed.

The bed itself is so stunning that I don't think you can go wrong on any style dresser or nightstand you choose.

I would pick an antique dresser or wardrobe, cleaned using a mixture of 3 parts boiled linseed oil & 1 part turpentine, sand lightly with light steel wool, repeat with clean steel wool until the piece looks and feels clean. Let sit overnight, wipe with a tack cloth, then seal with tung oil. 

If you do decide to purchase the bed, please send us a pic of your beautiful room Smiley Very Happy.

dee

@ccassaday wrote:

AE19F560-6E3B-4B58-B732-E3DA05B97D33.jpeg

ETA: Here is an example of a mirrored piece I would choose, @ccassaday:

https://grandinroad.scene7.com/is/image/frontgate/152374_main?$wfbd$&hei=602&wid=602&fit=fit,1&op_sh...

I'm having trouble with the link, but hopefully you can see what I meant about Hollywood Regency. I found it on Grandin Road dot com.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday, you might want to go to Houzz and checkout their upholstered beds with furniture.  They have some with the light beds and various colors of furniture.  That way, you can get some ideas of what will work for you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Do thrse go together. One from wayfair other from pier1. Haven’t checked pier1 to see if their is a nightstand with that dresser.

731A8D72-827E-4808-A886-41933BA0A59C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  That dresser you posted is perfect.  I love it.  Would be a great color with the tufted bed and the comfortor and picutures you already posted.  Did you go with the grey drapes?