Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@ccassaday  That dresser you posted is perfect.  I love it.  Would be a great color with the tufted bed and the comfortor and picutures you already posted.  Did you go with the grey drapes?

I went with the mint.😃. They are so pretty and well made. My mom even ordered the same in burgundy but without the lace at top.

Which dresser? I posted to many. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ok I am kind of sold on the mirrored furniture now. I love this. They have it in either silver, antique white, or weathered oak. What do you guys think? My only concern is if that is real glass on the dresser because a tv will be sitting on it.

05A4191B-C88B-4F29-B35C-F839D72D5F88.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday Your choices are so pretty so I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassadayI'd be very conservative in using mirrored pieces.  I'd just have a touch of it, otherwise your room may end up looking like a bordello.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think the mirrored furniture would be a cleaning nightmare!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bed from wayfair

[ Edited ]

I used to love upholstered headboards.  I would never consider one, though, because I wouldn't want to have to vacuum pet hair off it.  Also, I used to have a chair with tufted buttons.  It was a nightmare to try to vacuum around the buttons.  I never could get it done right.  If you are set on having an upholstered headboard, I would at least get one without the tufted buttons.  I think you will very much regret that.  Yes, pet hair is part of having pets, but think of the fact that you will be climbing around on the bed to vacuum the headboard.  I have a cat and a dog and do know about pet hair. 

If I was going to use a piece of mirrored furniture, I would only use one piece.  More than that would look tacky in my opinion.  I like the idea of going to Houzz and getting ideas before making a decision.  You could also look on Pinterest.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I would not like the mirrored furniture at all....Fingerprints!!! everywhere.....just like stainless appliances...hated them when I had them!..

I would go lighter wood, cream or off-white for the furniture.. it would go with anything you ever put in there and would be practical and classic, traditional in style...

(I do like the bed you chose, but liked the previous one also)

All this ,of course, is JMO....

Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

I have mirrored furniture and I LOVE IT>

A word of ADVICE --

I ordered my mirrored furniture from Macy's and had home delivery.  The men mentioned how heavy the quality mirrored furniture is.  The dresser was enclosed in TWO large boxes, then each drawer was wrapped inside a box and then wrapped again in a second box.

If I had made the "mistake" of not getting delivery, I am confident my dresser would have been broken.

I would consider getting my mirrored furniture from a local store so IF it is damaged they take it right back with them.  Where as if you get the furniture online and there are any problems it can be a mess to return.  I DID order a very small night stand that was mirrored from and it arrived well but it was a very small item.

Also if you do decide to order large glass items, I learned from a Pier One experience order each item seperately, the warehouse packers sometimes try to place the entire order in one pacakge.  SO NOW, if I'm ordering two mirrors I order each one as a seperate order.

Your bed is perfect. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

I also noticed comments about cleaning mirrored furnitture.  I don't have any problems as I use the handles to open the drawers.  I have had NO problems, I dust as with any furniture but I don't really touch the dresser unless I'm getting something so I don't have fingerprints.  Also I have no kids in the house so that is a factor.

I hope the original poster visits a pier one or Z gallerie and checks out mirrored furniture in person.  It looks reallly nice..

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Bed from wayfair

[ Edited ]

I'm in agreement with those who question the wisdom of a fully upholstered bed, and especially when pet hair is involved.   

I've lived through two pets who loved to get into bed or near the bed with two kids, plus  years of owning  three or more queen-sized bed styles.

Upholstery on any piece of furniture collects daily dust even if pets aren't present.  I wouldn't want a fabric-covered headboard or footboard when so many other longer-lasting and easier-to-clean wood or metal bed styles are available.

I won't even own, ever again, a non-leather, upholstered sofa.........I opt for  good-quality leather so I have a fighting chance of keeping it nice for years.

My opinion probably won't be popular here, but  is based on experience and a desire to keep my investment in  furniture  in good shape for more than a few years.

Years after purchasing it, I still own a simple framed wood headboard from Pottery Barn which has an upholstered center panel which can be easily removed and reupholstered in new fabric if my taste changes.  

Might want to do some research on dust mites----another perfect reason to avoid upholstered beds.