Respected Contributor

I am looking for a new sofa but I have difficulty getting big furniture in my older home.  Has anyone purchased from either of these sites?  They get good reviews for the most part but...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wayfair or Simplicity Sofas

@bargainsgirl    While I love some of the sofas and chairs I see on their website, I am leary of purchasing online without having sit on it first. What if it does not feel comfortable to my back or legs or the material is scratchy.  I do like the wayfair site overall. Happy shopping !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl  I purchased my sofa from IKEA.  It's called the EKTOP and it needs to be assebled which is quite easy if you have a man around the house to do it for you.  $379.  I have khaki colored slipcovers.  There are plain covers and patterned ones.  IKEA also has other styled sofas too.  10 year warranty.  I have never had the seat cushion to mash down.  They look like the day I bought the sofa.  I can say that I am quite pleased with my purchase and my sofa is 6 years old and looks brand new.   P.S.  My sofa can stand up to any $2,000 of the same design.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Glad to hear this -- people put down IKEA but what value! I do know that at my store you can have the item assembled and delivered for a reasonable price.

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@bargainsgirl    While I love some of the sofas and chairs I see on their website, I am leary of purchasing online without having sit on it first. What if it does not feel comfortable to my back or legs or the material is scratchy.  I do like the wayfair site overall. Happy shopping !

I agree. As long as the upholstered piece is going to be used to sit on (as opposed to just a decorative piece), I would never buy without being able to sit on it, and look at the construction. 

Furniture has to sit just right for me to be interested, especially for the large amount of money a good piece costs. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl I bought a LazyBoy sofa from Wayfair last spring and had a very good experience. But, the only reason I was willing to buy online was the LazyBoy brand name...my previous sofa was LazyBoy and I'd been really happy with it for 13 years.

Everything went just as outlined...they called me when they were 30 minutes away, they showed up well within the timeframe they gave, and were very polite. There are several different levels of shipping/delivery, and I paid for the one where they brought the sofa into my living room (we'd already removed the old one). We had to remove the plastic wrapping, and install the legs, that was it. For a little more, you can have them unwrap, assemble the piece and take the wrapping with them.

I was so satisfied that I plan to order 2 LazyBoy leather recliners from them in about a month! I did go to the LazyBoy store and check out this particular chair, so I know what I'm getting (and for about 1/2 the price of buying them at the store).

I don't think I'd order an often-used piece of furniture online if I didn't already trust the brand.

Respected Contributor

I bought a TV stand and it was better than I thought it would be. DH was happily surprised. He likes to see what he buys but had to admit it was really nice.