Respected Contributor

We are in the process of remodeling our bathroom.  We are taking out the tub and putting in a shower.  In our current tub area we have a hand bar that we use to hand our wet washclothes.  But, with new tile going up in the shower we don't want to make a lot of extra holes.  We are going to put two safety bars but we don't want to clutter it up with too much more.

But, where do you put your wet washclothes when you don't have a tub?  TIA.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bathroom Remodel Question

We had the tub removed at my mother's house and a shower installed.  She hangs her wash cloths from one of the safety rails.  It's not ideal. 

Honored Contributor

We have glass doors on the shower/tub, instead of a shower curtain. The inside of the doors has 2 bars across. It works great. It holds shampoo bottles etc. and that is where I put sponges, clarisonic, wash clothes etc.

Honored Contributor

We have a shower caddy that has a bar on it for hanging a washcloth.

Respected Contributor

We have a shower caddy.  I keep shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and the wet washcloths.  When they're dry, I throw them in the hamper to be laundered.

Honored Contributor

I take the wet washcloths out of the bathroom to dry.

I live in a humid area, the bathroom is already humid after a shower and keeping a wet washcloth doesn't help, plus they don't dry as well.

I take them to the laundry room.

@Winkk

Respected Contributor

I have suction cup hooks that hang on the inside of my shower door.

Respected Contributor

When we get out of the shower we put our wet wash cloths over the side of the laundry basket. We don't leave them in the shower but we do have a seat in the shower that we put them on while we are in the shower.

Honored Contributor

Off topic but be sure to replace your toilet with a comfort height.  You will be glad you did and so will your guests.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an older home and we are constantly in updating mode. What i did in the hall bathroom was to buy those large decorative suction cup holders that look like metal. They work great. I think that the Command hooks might work as well. I've seen those in some decorative styles.