Honored Contributor

I could have fun building a bathroom around that tub, but the wallpaper has to go!

Honored Contributor

That is creepy to me!  It looks like an episode of Dexter. 

Honored Contributor

No, I couldn't take it.

Honored Contributor

Have I mentioned I hate red?

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the wallpaper, but not with the red tub and all the white tile. I also don't think the cranberry red wallpaper matches the red tub.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

At first I thought, well that certainly is striking, but then thought, oh my that is certainly a blood red isn't it?

So I see what you mean.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

The devil is in the details.  I'm not a fan of the wallpaper, but I think the red tub could be improved with silver or chrome feet.  That vase of yellow and dark red flowers is the wrong color combination for the room.  The floor  needs a bathmat (did the stylists think soap bubbles scattered around on the floor was a good idea?), and I'd make it and all the towels a contrasting color, e.g. dark brown, black or navy.  Ditch the dinky extension mirror and hang a nice large mirror in its place.  Lastly, maybe it is the angle of the shot, but that overhead shelf looks precarious.  After tightening it to the wall, I'd mount a towel bar large enough for a bath towel below it, just above the surround. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I'm with you - think of "The Shining".  This room gives me the willys - looks like something awful happened there.

Honored Contributor

Red bathtub has to go, along with the red wallpaper.

Respected Contributor

Red is just - I cannot deal with red.