Honored Contributor

Re: Bagless or Bagged Vacuum?

I have an Oreck (bags used) and a Shark Rocket (no bags).  I like them both.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have an Oreck (bags used) and a Shark Rocket (no bags).  I like them both.

-----

Identical to you. Have an older Oreck and a Shark with a dirt cup. The Shark picks up dirt I don't admit to having!

Esteemed Contributor

Much prefer my three bag-type upright vacuums (Hoovers on first floor & lower levels and Oreck on second floor) over the messy, allergy causing bagless vacuums I've owned. Purchasing bags is easy. A vacuum store which carries all brands is in a shopping center near me. They repair or clean my vacuums whenever needed (seems like I get five to eight years between professional cleanings). I don't overload the bags and keep my vacuums clean between uses. No pets, long hair, children or open windows (due to allergies) so things are pretty clean before vacuuming. Carpeting is thick, plush and still "sheds" with each vacuuming.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

I have a Kenmore upright that uses bags and a smal bagless Eureka, which I bought mostly to use on stairs because the Kenmore is heavy.  I can't stand emptying the dirty cup on the Eureka.  It grosses me out to touch it and when I see the cloud of dust coming out of the garbage can when I empty it.  So, what I do is use the hose from my Kenmore to vacuum the filter and the inside of the bagless Eureka!

Respected Contributor

we have 2 vacuums. both bagless and 1 is cordless and the other is a shark rocket. bags if not available can allways be ordered online. my mil has an older vacuum and bags we couldnt find them in any stores but we got them on amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends on the brand of the vacuum that you are using and the type of activity that you have on your floors. I alwyas have dogs so not many vacuums really suck up the dog hair without clogging. I had a Kirby for over 25 years with bags and loved it! It just got to heavy for me to push around. I got my first Dyson bagless and love it! It really does clean as well as the Kirby did and is so much easier to push. I do use all the attachemnts and it really did reduce my time for this chore. 

Honored Contributor

I've used both and it doesn't make a difference to me. I just want the vacuum that has the most power and cleans (sucks up) the most dirt.

Honored Contributor

I have both.  The Dirt Devil handvac has a bag.  The others are bagless.

The hardware store down the street carries the bags I need, and I assume I can get them at Amazon should the need arise.  

For me - it's six of one, half a dozen of another.  No preference.  What matters is how heavy the vac is and whether or not it picks up what I need picked up.

Honored Contributor

I prefer bags.  IMO it's easier to change a bag monthly than to empty that dusty container each time you vacuum (daily.). Also, the triple filtration bags are better for allergies. 

Esteemed Contributor

Because I’m allergic to dust, both of my vacuums are HEPA type with bags. I’m sure that bagless vacs are fine for folks without allergies, but that doesn’t include me. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett