Respected Contributor

Re: Bagless or Bagged Vacuum?

I prefer a bag set-up.  I still have a decades old Oreck that works great!  Since I have hardwood and tile, I only use the vacuum for entry door mats.

I also have an Oreck hand-held vacuum for the car, fireplace, and window sills. It is also a bagged system.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc   I have noticed with the bagless seeing particles in the air! Not good at all being someone with asthma and allergies!  I plan to order a bagged vacuum asap.  Our local walmart doesnt carry any canister type and that is what I prefer. We have no others department stores in our town.  Thinking I will order online.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs - I am fortunate to have a lot of stores in my area, but when I needed to buy a new vacuum cleaner a few years ago, I ended up turning to Amazon because there were so few choices available to check out in person (and since I have Prime, I knew I could easily return the machine at no cost if anything wasn't as expected). It was also nice to see reviews from people who were actually using the various models. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I've had 3 bagless vacuums and I've hated them all and I hate the one I have currently.

All the filters are washable but it seems like after one use, everything needs to be washed which is a pain. Then all the filters and containers are lying around drying.  

I would rather take out 1 bag when it needs to be changed and drop it in the trash then empty a canister/container full of dust, dirt and pet hair.  I will not empty inside my house so I have to take it outside to empty it, another hassle.  

And if you get a bagless with filters that have to be changed, heaven help you when that time comes.  You either can't find them anymore or they are very expensive.  

I'm looking for a bagged vacuum right now.