Honored Contributor

I really like this backyard deck with trees. It looks very relaxing. I love how the greenery is incorporated in and around all the various parts and levels of the deck. I would love to see some colorful plants & flowers mixed in with the greenery. If I had the space and money to pay someone to build & maintain it, I would love something like this. 

414EAE00-AFEB-4BF8-B614-2597834F2E8F.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Backyard Deck with Trees

Looks lovely but yes I too would need someone to come and maintain it.  

Honored Contributor

It's nice if you have the money to pay someone to take care of it. Those trees cause so much damage during storms.

We got rid of all the trees in our front & back yard. Tired of dealing with them when we have a storm. We don't need one of them going through our roof. 

We have been doing things inside outside to make our life easier as we age.

Honored Contributor

It is beautiful and creates a lovely outdoor look!  I love trees and foliage and yes, if there is someone to maintain it, I would also be happy with this environment.  There is nothing like nature and all it offers to give that tranquility and peace of mind which we all need.

Esteemed Contributor

I love that.  It looks so inviting and relaxing.  I would really like to extend our deck into the back and side yards, but that's not in the budget right now.  Hopefully, some day it will happen.  😊

Honored Contributor

So lush with the mature backyard trees--  I'm envious.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  The deck is lovely, but you would need not only a gardener, but also someone to come and take care of the trees in a heavy storm.  I can just imagine those trees coming down and destroying not only the deck, but also any homes or structures that were too close.  So, I would pass on this.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I love it but yes it can be a lot of work to maintain all the greenery.   I would never take down a healthy tree unless it was absolutely a threat to my roof / home.  Though now we no longer have our big home since we downsized about a year and a half ago now, when we did, we had 10 acres, 9 of which was all wooded.    Can't have enough shade in my mind.

Esteemed Contributor

Very lovely and peaceful looking!

Honored Contributor

We have tons of trees around here. The homes were built at different times and as each was built only enough trees were taken down in order to fit the house. It's like all the houses were nestled into the forest. So we are used to many trees.