Respected Contributor

Re: Backyard Deck with Trees

@wilma 

I want to like the deck.  I just think the trees kind of take over it & it's difficult to see the deck details.  I agree, flowers would help make it more cheery.

Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Actually, those trees don't look like a problem  at all.  They look like birch trees. 

Definitely not oaks. 

If they fell, they wouldn't come near the house.  Looks like there's a red maple closer to the house, again, non threatening. 

Can't really see what the shrubs/bushes are, but looks like rhododendrons and azaleas, so nice color in the spring. 

If not, the greenery is glorious and you don't have to waste water daily for flowering plants.

I think it looks great just the way it is. 

I always say, don't gild the lily with junk from the Christmas Tree Shop.  (Planters, fake bird houses, resin frog statues, etc.)

Esteemed Contributor

It's very pretty and looks like a great place to entertain as long as I had a gardener to maintain all the greenery and sweep the leaves off every day.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

@wilma   Oh what I would do to have that yard while I have been isolating at home all these months. It is beautiful. So calming and serene. Of course if I owned it I would junk it up with some tomato planters and a few pots of cayenne peppers Smiley Happy

thanks for sharing! Very lovely

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon