Respected Contributor

Re: BEFORE AND AFTER: THE MASTER BEDROOM...

@stevieb 

I much prefer the "after" bedroom.  Much brighter & cheerier.

Thank you again for posting these.

Esteemed Contributor

I like them both - the 'after' bed looks nice but a mirrored bed must be an itch to keep up!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Before and After: The Master Bedroom...

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner  Yes, Georgetown... And only too happy to oblige... I saw a rug a few years back that looked a lot like this one, until I enlarged the picture anyway... Then, it's clear this is a very different, much nicer and probably much more pricey rug... Anyway, the one I saw was one of those 'made to look faded' numbers in creams and blues... I coveted that rug, talked myself out of it and by the time I relented, it was, naturally, gone... I didn't need it but it sure was purtee...

@stevieb Pottery Barn I think had/has one similar at least in colors.  It's a pale blue.  I love it!   Also, Horchow and sometimes even Neiman Marcus have really good closeouts on rugs.  You never know, but Horchow has a LOT of them most of the time--all price ranges.

Honored Contributor

Both are nice but I prefer the "after" one. Wouldn't have picked that particular bed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Both "before" and "after" are pretty!  Such a spacious and architecturally pleasing bedroom.

I did like the built in book case in the "before".  All in all, I might have kept more of the "before", with minor updates.  I would have perhaps kept the bare four poster, but definitely ditched the canopy and curtains.  Refreshed the bedding like they did so well in the "after".

There are a few "trendy" elements which I think tend to date a room in the "after",  like that quatrefoil mirror.  That shape has been so overdone of late.  Not fond of the chrome floor lamp or what appears to be a chrome and mosaic (?) table in the left front of image.

But still, the over all feeling of both incarnations of the room is so pleasant-- I'd be thrilled to have either one, with those minor adjustments!

@Oznell  Along with other changes I'm not sure I'd have chosen, I don't think removal of the built in shelves was a good choice. I can see where the 'look' of the shelves might have needed a tweak, but don't see where remvoing them did such great things for the room... I'm almost never one to decrease storage or display space...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would like the before with different bedding and something on the shelves.  The after is very nice and the only thing I would change is the bed frame.

Esteemed Contributor

I just love the front of the home. Living room is inviting. I'm not sure about a mirror bed? All in all a well appointed home. 

Honored Contributor

I too prefer the after.

Respected Contributor

Love the after bedroom really lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  I like the redecorated bedroom, except for the bed.  Other than that, I think looks relaxing and very comfortable.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!