Trusted Contributor

Anyone have a suggestion for a good brand of really soft and absorbent bath towels?  Any favorites? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BATH TOWEL QUESTION

[ Edited ]

When I visit my son in AZ the Walmart has 100% cotton towels for $1.98 and they are soft and large enough.

Both my sons played sports so needless to say I have washed more than my share of towels. When I was very young I loved the oversized luxury towels but learned quickly they take forever to dry and are super bulky.

Still keep a small  stash of the oversized bulky  in the linen closet  but on the very bottom shelf under about 2 dozen of the Walmart ones. Luxury to me is a clean white towel after every bath or shower. Easy to wash, dry, handle and keep bright white.

Regular Contributor

Royal Velvet at JCPenney. They stay soft and absorbent wash after wash. I have tried so many brands at Bed Bath and Beyond, not to mention other brands found at department stores and none of them compare. In fact I just purchased more this past week as I finally threw away some of the "other" ones that felt so rough after only using less than a year.

Honored Contributor

kohls......THE BIG ONE brand.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered some wool dryer balls from Amazon and I rinse my towels in white vinegar instead of softener.  Unbelieveably soft!  Think they are Martha Stewart.

Valued Contributor

Land's End.  Watch for good sale.

Honored Contributor

I love the Maxkin bamboo fiber towels from Walmart. Bamboo is much more absorbant, softer and more durable than cotton. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial. They also dry faster than cotton.

Valued Contributor

Ralph Lauren.  You can often find them reasonably at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.  I have mine for years and they still look new!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all of these great suggestions!!

Trusted Contributor

I have sets of Martha Stewart bath sheets that we have used for at least five years.  They are wonderful!  I do not use fabric softener on my towels.