Trusted Contributor

Re: Ask me where ANYTHING is and I can find it in a flash!

I have not yet started cleaning out my late father's home of 53 years - it isn't cluttered but it has so much there.  I envy your organization; hopefully, I'll be able to remove everything and be able to keep just what I want/need while giving everything else away.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very much like you @house_cat  -- very disciplined, very organized.  I, too, know where everything is in my home and can put my finger on it at any time.  

I think that's just one of the things that add to why we get headaches!

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 

I think you're right, lol, but on that note I have to say that I've been on a med called AJOVY for three weeks now. I've only had one headache since starting the medication.   I have tried everything else... literally everything available and this is the first one to work for me.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

If you're not to tired can you come over & do my house?

Last week, I cleaned 5 bags of unused clothing from our master walk in closet but my guest closet just seems to never get organized.

As for knowing where things are if it's kitchen, baking, or something I enjoy I know where everything is!

Paperwork - nope can't find a receipt so now I take pic of them!  Papers get lost for some reason maybe because I hardly get mail & hate "piles" so I toss it as soon as I glance over it. Then, as usual it was something I needed😳

Respected Contributor

Congrats to you being able to do that.  My sister is like that.  Loves order to things.  Clutter sets her on edge.

Me on the other hand,  I know where every little thing is UNTIL it all gets straightened up then I can't find a darned thing...

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  I to can find just about anything at any time...I told my husband if we ever sell our home I could have it packed up in a day or two.....I have decluttered my home (years ago) and rarely bring new things in....I have several empty drawers in the house. It's a great joy to open them and know they are empty!

I must confess.....the one thing I am on the hunt for in the house is the GPS...we needed it to day to find a location we were not sure of....it was not in the drawer where it is supposed to be!!  Last time we used it was on vacation in June.  I know we did not leave it beause we used it to get back to the airport.

I must have overlooked it in one of the suit cases, I will look for it before the day ends!...if not it will drive me crazy until I find it.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Empty drawers! I literally dream of empty rooms and empty drawers.. I'm not even joking!  

Sometime last year I helped DH clean out his dresser.  In the process, we wound up with an large, empty drawer.  I thought he had a plan for it and he thought I had a plan for it and well, somehow I forgot all about it.  A couple of months ago he said, "You know, I have an emptry drawer in my dresser that you can use".  You would've thought he bought me a huge diamond ring or a Ferrari!  He always teased me that I was a "cheap date", because the littlest things make me happy 🤗 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Depends.  Some things I'm looking for.  Others not yet.  We'll see!Smiley Happy

As long as the house is clean, DH grills (I'm over all those gravies during our lifetimes, although HE definitely isn't), and Shadow is happy , I'm done!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love your accomplishment. Good on ya. Your goal may not be everyone's thing -- but I'm with you! We have a divided family. Half are carefree (slobs) and the rest are tidy (uptight).   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Citrine1 

I think you're right, lol, but on that note I have to say that I've been on a med called AJOVY for three weeks now. I've only had one headache since starting the medication.   I have tried everything else... literally everything available and this is the first one to work for me.

Well, what good news this is @house_cat !  I'm thrilled to hear that you have FINALLY found something that is helping you.  May you continue to have good luck with this medication.