Respected Contributor

We've been wanting to paint the interior of our house for some time now.  I think we may move forward and start getting quotes.  I'm just wondering, is there a time of year when you can get a good deal/better price?  I think I read somewhere that October or November was a good month because work for painters is generally slowly.  Of course, I can't find it on line again.

P.S.  I live in the Southeast.

Esteemed Contributor

I found that painters are in demand for interior work from Labor Day on. 

Best time to possibly get a discount is after the holidays. I received 15% off my kitchen painting by booking in February. At least here in the Northeast Jan-Mar is the best time to book painting at the best price, but start getting quotes any time.

Esteemed Contributor

We had the interior of our town home painted in 2018, and were told the best pricing was from January through the end of March. We were able to get it done the 3rd week of March and got a 10% or 15% discount. October and November is a busy time for painters and decorators with the holiday season coming up.

Honored Contributor

Re: HOUSE PAITING QUESTION

[ Edited ]

My concern would be about the air quality inside my house after it's painted. I would rather have it painted during the time of year when I could open up the windows. That would be in late spring to early fall...definitely not in winter. Price points are mostly likely different from one region of the country to the next with price fluctuating seasonally. Here in Colorado most people do their painting during the summer.