Honored Contributor

There have been some people falling and breaking bones due to the ineffective suction cups on the bottom of the shower rug.  QVC sold them for a while.  Be careful!

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Tristar-Products-Recalls-AquaRug-Shower-Rugs/#remedy

Honored Contributor

Re: AquaRug Shower Rug Recalled

Interesting.  I've heard of shower mats but not rugs.  Wonder how to keep them clean!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for reporting this recall. We have the shower rugs. I was always concerned about the lack of suction cups on the bottom of them since we purchased them.

I called the 1-888 number and they have a list of those people who purchased from QVC. She is sending me a form to fill out.n which will take about 10 weeks to get..... I need to send her the 8 suction cups in the mail(?) or pictures of the cut up rugs... My postage... hmmm.... and then they will send me new rugs probably in a long long time as

I am not suppose to use the rugs I have anymore... so I guess I will slip on the slick floor of the shower rather than slip on the faulty rugs. These recalls are so pointless. They make it so much work. JUST SEND ME THE DARN RUG REPLACEMENT AND DO NOT MAKE ME JUMP THROUGH HOOPS AND BARRELS TO GET THEM. 

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  They are just mats, Made of rubber. Not carpet(rugs)

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Thanks for reporting this recall. We have the shower rugs. I was always concerned about the lack of suction cups on the bottom of them since we purchased them.

I called the 1-888 number and they have a list of those people who purchased from QVC. She is sending me a form to fill out.n which will take about 10 weeks to get..... I need to send her the 8 suction cups in the mail(?) or pictures of the cut up rugs... My postage... hmmm.... and then they will send me new rugs probably in a long long time as

I am not suppose to use the rugs I have anymore... so I guess I will slip on the slick floor of the shower rather than slip on the faulty rugs. These recalls are so pointless. They make it so much work. JUST SEND ME THE DARN RUG REPLACEMENT AND DO NOT MAKE ME JUMP THROUGH HOOPS AND BARRELS TO GET THEM. 

I agree, that process is so cumbersome; discourages people to follow through with it. I hope they actually resolve it much quicker.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I Wonder how to keep them clean!

Throw it in the washing machine & hang dry.  I wash mine every 6 months as the mat does not really get dirty.  After all you're using it every time you shower or take a bath!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif