Respected Contributor

My echo Dot clock is coming Tuesday and I'm excited to get it. It will be on my nightstand and replace a very old, clunky clock radio.

I will just make sure to have my espionage and high finance conversations in another location  🙄  😀

Honored Contributor

I like the alarm clock feature.  Also the Show can do a simulated sunrise to wake you up naturally.  I have it set to start 15 minutes before the alarm.  Then I can use any song to wake me  up.

I like that it reads my book to me when I'm getting dressed for work.

I have the Echo Auto and I have to say I don't see too much value in it.  I wish it would talk to the other devices so that I can set reminders on it.  You can set a reminder, but you have to be in the car in order get said reminder.  Kind of useless.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

My echo Dot clock is coming Tuesday and I'm excited to get it. It will be on my nightstand and replace a very old, clunky clock radio.

I will just make sure to have my espionage and high finance conversations in another location  🙄  😀

Espionage tradecraft 101. Woman Very Happy You're supposed to find a park bench or an abandoned tunnel to do that. Or a mysterious warehouse with barrels with fire burning in them. Can't wait until an Alexa makes its way into a Bourne movie.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Did you know Alexa will bark?

I have become so used to mine that I would be lost without them. 

She tells me "Good Night" every night and turns off the light! 

Alexa is useful but so much fun!

Honored Contributor

This is where I part ways with Alexa.

I'm of the school of "speak when spoken, to."  LOL

I don't need her butting in and making suggestions ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Echo Dot fans?

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac - You forgot to add Cayman Islands to your list. lol And remember you have to keep the cash under $10,000 - so $9,999.99 is good to go! 

Respected Contributor

We have 3!  Love them!  Use them for music, NPR, weather, football/baseball scores, pod casts, recipes, jokes, timers, alarms and more.  I am not concerned about being listened to - I am not that interesting!

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Echo Dot fans?

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:
@sunshine45, I was wondering about that too. Where would the ad be? My echo dot is just a small device and only comes on when I say the name "Alexa" there is nowhere for an ad?

———————————

I think someone was referring to ads showing up on other devices after someone had said something in their home, believing that the Echo picked up on that.

Seems more likely the person who was so interested in daycare and pricing was probably also online checking it out, which would feed other devices.

I've got 3 Alexa devices in my home and have never had ads on my phone or computer based on what I've talked about in the rooms with an Alexa device, not once.

On the other hand, I frequently have ads driven by my Google searches or Facebook activity.

Respected Contributor

I have multiple Echo devices and love them. The Dots don't have great sound quality, so I don't use the Dots for music or reading my audiobooks, I have full-size Echos or Bluetooth speakers for that.

I use the Echo devices to play the news in the morning, control my lights and thermostat, play music, send me reminders, set timers, and answer questions for me. They're fantastic.

This weekend I was coloring my hair and I used the Echo to play my audiobook, set a timer for the color, check the timer, pause the book to look up some information for me, then resume the book. My hands were gloved and covered in dye and I didn't have to touch anything to make all that happen, keeping my phone and kitchen timers clean and safe while I still accomplished my tasks.

Respected Contributor

My Echo Dot arrived today.

Set up was a breeze and Alexa now turns my xmas tree off and on and will wake me up tomorrow morning.

What fun!