Honored Contributor

Almost April, and I still find glitter!

I have completed my Spring Cleaning (as of a month ago!) and when dusting with my Supercloth today, I am still finding traces of glitter!

I use many things (baskets, lanterns, trays) all year, and change out the decor on/in them. Even after a good scrubbing earlier in the year, I'm still finding traces of glitter in the nooks and crannies!

Back in the day of real trees, it would be the stray pine needle found up till summer, now it is the glitter.

As I remember last year, it was well into the summer before I would find absolutely no traces of glitter. Gotta wonder how much of this stuff we are breathing in!

Maybe I'll be rid of it all by Christmas in July, just to start brining it back in!

Honored Contributor

Re: Almost April, and I still find glitter!

@Mominohio, at least you have  sense of humor about it. I was so glad when those childhood projects that were always made with glitter stopped. I don't even like to display a card that has glitter. It's one of those gifts that keep giving. Continuously.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Fortunately, mine seems to be cleaned up for now but the canister of my dyson is still sparkly. I guess I need to wash it out. I kinda like the sparkles in there though.

Honored Contributor

There don't call glitter "craft herpes" for nothing! You just can't get rid of the stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't it wonderful - the joy never goes away.

Honored Contributor

You gave me a smile!

Trusted Contributor

That's so funny!  I was just noticing night before last, I still have giitter in my carpet from Christmas.  I can see several different pieces from a distance, but if I go over to manually pick it up, the light isn't hitting it right, and it disappears!

Honored Contributor

Glitter is not allowed in my house.

Over the holidays, I won't touch anything with glitter in stores and I make sure not to brush up against anything with glitter.

Why?

Because glitter has it out for me.....it stalks me..... it will appear out of nowhere, right below my eye where I can see it, but I can never remove it.

I'll use my fingernail and scratch and scratch, but I swear that piece of glitter is embedded in a skin pore, so now I have a big, honkin' red mark under my eye with a flashy piece of glitter in the center, to make sure it gets noticed.

Glitter hates me.....and I hate glitter.

Smiley MSN Emoticon skin rash 084.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I gave up long ago....My granddaughter likes to wear her Disney Princess dresses when she is here.....we all "sparkle"

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I gave up long ago....My granddaughter likes to wear her Disney Princess dresses when she is here.....we all "sparkle"

@Nataliesgramma

Aww! That is the best kind of sparkle! It will be over before you know it (as we remember well with our own kids), so it is something we just have to 'enjoy' while we can. 

I remember the play pen in my living room. I hated it. It mostly held toys, and was only used when I really needed to contain my son so I could use the bathroom quickly or was working at the stove. I used to look at it, and know that as much as I hated that big thing messing up my decor, it would be a sad day indeed when he was too big to need it anymore.