Honored Contributor

Re: Air Innovations Humidifiers

Besides the one I use 24/7 for the plants, I only use the other one at night when I'm sleeping and it is right next to the bed.  I have carpeting, so no issue there.  I use it on low and according to the meter on the machine itself it doesn't really raise the humidity in the room.  I wouldn't want to raise it much anyways since my asthmatic cat seems to be enjoying the lowered humidity levels.  He hasn't had to have a breathing treatment in like 3 weeks now.  Before the humidity dropped he was having to have them 2 to 3 times per week.  I felt really lucky if we could go a whole week without a breathing treatment.  It was really bad before we got the DEhumidifier that we run 24/7 in summer.  Probably need to look at a whole house dehumidifier.  My husband was astonished at all the water it was removing from the air.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Air Innovations Humidifiers

We have 2 humidifiers for 2 bedrooms and the larger top fill in our living room. When I first got the top fill I ran that and discovered the next morning we had white dust everywhere. I couldn’t believe how far that carried. That wasn’t going to do and there was no way I was going to keep up with buying distilled water. We have a reverse osmosis water tap at our sink and that’s what I’ve decided to use. I’m filling humidifiers every day and the living room runs 24/7, too. I put a little germicidal drops in and they never get yucky at all.