Valued Contributor

Anyone have an adjustable bed?  Anyone want an adjustable bed? 

My Aunt has one she recently purchased at mattress srore she likes very much.  

I just ordered a Members Mark Adjustable Bed (Queen) from Sam's Club for  $498.  

QVC has one listed for a twin bed at $600.   ??   

I tried out my Aunt's adjustable bed and was quite impressed.  <G>.   

Keep Calm and QVC On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

I do and am totally spoiled by it.  I especially like the zero gravity feature.

Valued Contributor

@tansy  

Do tell us about this  *zero gravity* feature.   ?? 

The one I have ordered from Sam's Club has some bells and whistles.  

*head/foot up&down *pillow tilt *massage *USB app enabled *adjustable leg height   

My Aunt's bed frame has a motion light up under it which is convenient.  I already have *NIght Owl* motion lights on either side of my bed that use AA batteries.  

Keep Calm and Sleep On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

I really want an adjustable bed, as I can no longer lay completely down to sleep because of a vertigo issue. I hesitate buying one, because of the cost, and because I'm not sure after the big investment, that I will actually be as comfortable in it as I am in the recliner I purchased specifically for sleeping.

I have always had sleep issues, really pain issues when using a regular mattress. We tried memory foam, and inner spring, nothing has worked well for me my entire adult life. I was waking up hurting after just a couple of hours, tossing and turning, pain in neck, shoulders, hips. 

When the vertigo struck, and has been around now for probably 8 years, I was forced to sleep in a recliner, or be up dizzy and sick every night. At that time, I started getting the best rest I can remember since childhood. I went out and got a recliner for a bedroom and now I sleep in the least pain, deepest, longest sleep ever. I hesitate to change that to an adjustable bed, and find it isn't as good as what I get now. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for starting this topic!  We just began talking about looking for one and I admit I know nothing about them. 

Immediately my first question is:  we have a king size and want a king size; however, if we get a king with two sections, how do I reach the middle to put on fitted sheets?  I gather it is two twin sections, but how do I make the bed?

I'm looking forward to reading all the do's and do not's.

Valued Contributor

I bought a queen size one last summerr for our spare bedroom to have just in case he or I got layed up.  I love it soo much I go in there and watch TV once in a while. We have a king bed in our master bedroom and I would love to have one in there but I dont want spilt beds and my DH doesnt want to raise it up and down every time I want to so we are still thinking about that.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

That is one of our dilemmas.  When we started talking about it, my husband said "this won't mean I have to be in the same position you want to be and vice versa?".  I told him about the split beds, but as I already stated, how do you change the linens?

Also, one of the many comments I read was about the split beds moving away from each other.  A response was they can somehow be braced on each side of the frame so they don't separate; however, that sounded like a real involved project -- something neither my husband nor I would be good at. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought an adjustable bed about six months.  I bought mine at Costco and it came with white glove service (they set it up and show you how to use it). I love it.  Mine is Sleep Science I think and comes with a twenty year warranty.  I was happy to buy at Costco because of their great return policy.

I also did my research reading reviews, talking to the company.

My bed is queen size and has braces on the length side and on the bottom so the mattress doesn’t move.

I raise the head and the foot when I change the sheets and it is so easy.  Do the same for the king.  I didn’t go for king because the split in the middle means it is hard to lay there...not very comfortable.

.Here is the answer about zero gravity.

Zero Gravity in the adjustable bed frame allows for the legs and head to be raised at just the right angle to reduce back pressure and increase circulation. ... This bed position boosts better health and sleep by encouraging the body's natural capability to relax as gravity is evenly distributed through the body.

HTH.  Also note, they do NOT remove your old bed.  You have to do that.  LM

Valued Contributor

@Junker2327  

My Aunt lives in a tiny studio room within a retirement community.   Her large screen TV is in a corner postition across from her adjustable queen size bed and she enjoys watching TV from her bed!  

Right now DH and I have two  plastic raiser/ lifters up under the mattress on both sides. 

We like the head of the bed lifted up slightly to help with sinus and acid reflux issues.     

We also have a large screen TV across from the end of the bed sitting on dresser.  

I looked at a Sleep Number Bed but they are SO very expensive!   

Looking forward to the arrival of the adjustable bed from Sam's Club and will report back here with my evaluation. <G>. 

Keep Calm and QVC On,  

CAT

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I really want an adjustable bed, as I can no longer lay completely down to sleep because of a vertigo issue. I hesitate buying one, because of the cost, and because I'm not sure after the big investment, that I will actually be as comfortable in it as I am in the recliner I purchased specifically for sleeping.

I have always had sleep issues, really pain issues when using a regular mattress. We tried memory foam, and inner spring, nothing has worked well for me my entire adult life. I was waking up hurting after just a couple of hours, tossing and turning, pain in neck, shoulders, hips. 

When the vertigo struck, and has been around now for probably 8 years, I was forced to sleep in a recliner, or be up dizzy and sick every night. At that time, I started getting the best rest I can remember since childhood. I went out and got a recliner for a bedroom and now I sleep in the least pain, deepest, longest sleep ever. I hesitate to change that to an adjustable bed, and find it isn't as good as what I get now. 

This is my DH's problem.  It just started with a new king mattress we bought.  He just cannot sleep on it without getting pain in his hip and leg.   So, after some time he goes to the LR and sleeps on the sofa.   He thinks he can sleep without much/any pain there because it is softer.  

We're past the return period of 120 days so we're stuck. It wasn't cheap but we may have to bite the bullet and just get rid of it.  But we can't keep buying and trying mattresses until we find one he can sleep on.   What to do? What to do?