Honored Contributor

Re: Adjustable Bed

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

...We were also told that if the bed did not work out after the trial, they would take it back, BUT the adjustable frame was not returnable.  What?  That's a big expense and a waste of $...

@HisElk1 I was gobsmacked when I was told that the adjustable frame wasn’t returnable if it didn’t work out, so I was relieved to like it.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal , have you considered a memory foam topper for DH?  I bought one for the bed I had before the adjustable bed as I found it too hard and that solved my problem.  LM

@Bridgegal , just see that someone else recommended this.  You really should try it.  I bought my Nova Form memory foam topper at Costco and loved it.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom 

Thanks.   We'll get one and give it a try.   Can always take it back to Costco if it doesn't help.

@Lilysmom 

back again.   Do you know which one you have.  It looks like there are several.   A lot of people say in their reviews that it is VERY hot.   What do you think about that?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal , I asked before I bought the memory foam mattress if I could return it and they said yes.  I read somewhere that a memory foam mattress should be at least 3”.  I loved the Nova Form.  Good luck!  LM

Valued Contributor

@Bridgegal   

You might want to research  *Memory Foam* mattressess.   (reveiws/opinions)

I had a pillow top memory foam type mattress a few years ago and it slept  HOT!   

My newer Serta from Sam's Club is not a pillow top style and I have not had problems. 

I also have some type of  NASA  inspired mattress pad that is a cooling pad. <G>. 

Keep Calm and Cool On,  

CAT

Respected Contributor

@gacat123 

I have read and read and read online about them.   Read soooo many reviews on different ones.   The common complaints are:   HOT and difficulty turning.   People said they felt like they were sleeping in quicksand.   And this appears on every brand.    

I've about decided it is just and buy, try and return situation.  That's a pain too.  

We're looking for just a topper not a whole mattress.  Our mattress is only 5 months old and DH just cannot sleep on it.   

Valued Contributor

@Bridgegal   

Have you considered the  *MY PILLOW* mattress topper?   

I realize it is expensive but BB&B may have it available with a coupon.  

Seems like you are doing your homework! <G> 

Do let us know how this turns out.

Keep Calm and Sleep On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

@gacat123 

Thanks for your help.   We wouldn't buy one thing from that guy for several reasons.