Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@bonnie f   You are not alone.  I had so many hand lotions and body lotions at one time, I bagged up a bunch of brand new ones and took them over to the women's shelter right before Mother's Day and asked them to distribute them to the ladies.  

The 2nd time I tried to donate some more (I had a ton of the smaller purse size ones), they were closed and some homeless ladies caught me on my way back to my car, so I gave them to one of the ladies so she could share them with her friends.  Just a little thing to do made her very happy.

Last time I purged some of my stash, I grabbed a bag of the foaming hand soaps, and am now stocking the women's room (only need one, its a small bathroom) downstairs at work, so we can all enjoy them.  Most of the building has now relocated, but me and a few other ladies are enjoying them - I had more then enough to share, and probably still have 1/2 dozen still in my storage room for when we run out.  

It's hard to pass up a good deal....

How kind of you to share.  I am sure you made their day doing a random act of kindness.  I remember years ago Oprah did a show on random acts of kindness.  I still miss her show.  Have a nice day sweet ladySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I loved their fragrances so much but with having allergies and asthma I cant use fragrance or scented candles. I miss them.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

My DH is allergic to highly scented candles, but seems to tolerate soy candles quite well.

Valued Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

Bath & Bodyworks is definetely my addiction.. And when there's a big candle sale, its like giving a drug addict the heroin needle.. i bought 8 candles 2 days ago they are buy 2 get 2 with free s&h.... well now they are still buy 2 get 2 free s&h AND 20% off!!!!! what a deal..... so i got 8 more  lol my stash is now up to about 40 plus candles... but hey when its a good deal thats when u gotta get them.. i will never pay 26.00 for a candle!!  so if you love bath & bodyworks candles go today and get them!!! and im not going to mention all the body sprays that i have.... lol...

Are you Jen from Appleton?

Honored Contributor

If any of you ladies enjoy Homeworx check out your local TJMaxx.  I went yesterday and they had Island Petals which I purchased, a strawberry one and I believe a fruity one.  They were kind of hidden, they were not with the candles they were on a rack to be put away I think.  I noticed the beautiful jars so I got one  $16.99  The jars and labeling are beautiful and colorful.  I learned about this on facebook.  If I had not been looking I would not have seen them.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have found several Yankee large jar candles at Marshalls. They are $10.99 -$I2.99. They are my favorite,  but have now gone up to $31, which is too much for me.  I check Marshall's or TJMaxx occasionally and it is usually "feast or famine". I have never been a fan of the BBW candles. Attractive, smell good, but they burn far too quickly for me.  If you have an At Home store in your area, they have the biggest selection of candles I have ever seen...a whole aisle of them....from cheapy-looking ones to higher-end ones such as Aromatique, Botanique, etc. Even saw a few HomeWorks there last summer.  Check the origin of candles before you buy and also make sure the wick does not contain metal (lead). Believe it or not, those are still out there. 

Trusted Contributor

If you can get the BBW candles and also matching or similar scent lotions or shower gel, you have a great gift ready to go when you need it! 

Trusted Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

@bonnie f wrote:

Bath & Bodyworks is definetely my addiction.. And when there's a big candle sale, its like giving a drug addict the heroin needle.. i bought 8 candles 2 days ago they are buy 2 get 2 with free s&h.... well now they are still buy 2 get 2 free s&h AND 20% off!!!!! what a deal..... so i got 8 more  lol my stash is now up to about 40 plus candles... but hey when its a good deal thats when u gotta get them.. i will never pay 26.00 for a candle!!  so if you love bath & bodyworks candles go today and get them!!! and im not going to mention all the body sprays that i have.... lol...

Are you Jen from Appleton?

No i'm not..  lol