Honored Contributor

A PLACE FOR HOME DISCUSSIONS

[ Edited ]

Boo hoo, group, I'm in shock!   I know it isn't the same, but houzz has an online site for people who want to share ideas about all things "household" and interior design:

Just google--

houzz home decorating and interior design forum

It can't possibly fulfill the kind of freewheeling stuff we can do here, but you can still interact and get ideas, etc.

If I can think of anything better, will post.  And please, hope others will do the same!

Later, edited to add--   Hey, already a kind poster has found a moderated, easy-to-register-at site for us.  @LavernLuvsShoes has referred people to Delphiforums.  It has a variety of different interest threads available, from movies to politics, quite specialized.  I registered there as "oznell" with a lower case "o". 

Yet another edit, ha--   I feel a responsibility to update on my reactions to different sites.  It turns out, for me, Delphiforums is a bit confusing to navigate-- even though there was an absolutely lovely moderator, very accomodating.  So, I'm going to disengage from there (at least for now).  I have registered at TCM (Turner Classic Movies) Forum.  They allow you to discuss OTHER things besides movies, too!  They have a General Discussions category, and an Off-Topic category, where you can bring up any number of different topics. 

For all things home decor, when I have the energy, I'll investigate more into "Proboards", which according to many here, will replicate much of what we can do on the Q boards.

Honored Contributor

Re: A PLACE FOR HOME DISCUSSIONS

So many wonderful friends here over the years...sad news.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell thank you so much for your post.  I have used the hourzz website several times as I am going through redoing my condo, but never tried their forum because I hadn't even noticed it.  Will now

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  I had a Houzz account many years ago, but never really used it.

I'll see if I can get logged in again.  Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks Oznell. I am on the Houzz site quite a bit. Will look for the forum! I will really miss all of our photos, and talks and ideas about houses and decor on here! It really is too bad they couldn't just cut back of the forums and have just a few of the more popular ones!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Your posts were my favorites on the Home forum.  I will miss seeing them.  I didn't realize Houzz had forums, but I have visited there for other things.  I will check out their forums.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I am so disappointed. Why they would want to stop something that discusses their products and gives people pleasure is beyond me.

@Oznell ...I will look into the site. Thank You.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  and all... I might give Houzz a whirl. It looks like it could work, even if not ideal. Personally, I'm less optimistic about the Delphi/Wisteria connection and am not clear what advantage there was to hooking up with Wisteria rather than simply starting something under the parent site of Delphi. I also see other options are being explored, so perhaps, though time is short thanks to QVC's machinations, something else will come up that makes good sense.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd, @millieshops , @DREAMON , @NickNack , @SHOPR , @CANDLEQUEEN , @stevieb 

There may be a bit of a bright spot.  I started a thread in TV/Movies about the possibility of moving to the TCM forums, but further info from @Johnnyeager  reveals that it isn't necessarily restricted to discussions of old movies. 

They have an "off-topic" forum, and a "general discussion" forum, in which you can stray into any topic under the sun, including presumably, home decor stuff.  It looks like we might even be able to post images.

I'm registered at Delphiforums, and posted something, but some posters are saying that parts of it are "insecure",  so I'm going to follow that discussion to see whether it's safe or not.

Anyway, it's easy to register at TCM Forums with just your email address, and I've posted there already.  I must say, the activity looks rather sluggish there-- they don't have that many new posts in some categories.

They could benefit, I believe, from our lively, actively posting crew.  So, it's something to further investigate, if still interested in social media.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  and all... Another possible option....

I'm not encouraged by most of what I'm hearing about Wisteria. I also suggest you take a look at the discsussion about proboards, where someone has aleady started something, which sounds like a more viable option. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Go-to-proboards-dot-com-and-start-another-community/m-p/...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Set-up-a-Pro-Board/m-p/7164416#M520588

In my pantry with my cupcakes...